IP camera with web interface and/or telnet access?

Reaction score
I'm looking for an IP camera with a web interface (like a router) and/or telnet access to set it up as a streaming server in my LAN. I would record rtsp output with a Raspberry. In other words I don't wish to have to use CMS applications, smartphone apps, Onvif apps etc. to access to camera configuration. In fact I already do have such a system working but the camera I'm using has to be configured with CMS software running on Windows, which is for me a major inconvenience, I have a network of Linux machines. I have looked at some of the manuals of surveillance cameras from major manufacturers, but they generally assume customers wish to use smartphone plug-and-play applications: many do not specify clearly or at all that camera configuration can be carried out by accessing directly the server running on the camera microcontroller. I could build my own camera with another Raspberry, but it has to be an outdoor device, it would be easier to buy one ready-made.
Thanks!

Pierrealexis

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an IP camera with a web interface (like a router) and/or telnet access to set it up as a streaming server in my LAN.
With respect :
You should take a good look around the forum - and spot the massive number of screenshots of web GUIs and fewer of telnet access for the many camera models and brands that member are using or experimenting with.