IP Cams on Surface RT?

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone using a Surface RT to view their cameras with?

If so, what software/app are you using?

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I am running Blue Iris on my laptop.

I'll check that out, but I think I have looked at it before and it was only for Win8 and not RT.

I'll play with it and post back.

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does work with RT and is very simple to set up by copying a few things from the BI software on the other computer.

You can view the cameras in real time and watch the stored videos.

The only drawbacks I can see is I can not figure out how to zoom with it and the stored clips play very slow but that might just be my connection speed. Also I see no way to control the clips during playback such as pause, fast forward or rewind.

I will continue to play with it though. It appears to be a bare bones way to do live views and should work out nice for positioning cameras without having to carry the laptop outside and hope you don't drop it from the ladder.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool..thanks for the update...I only used it briefly when i had a windows phone (for a week!)...i recall zoom and pause options...check the orientation sometimes the option is only available in portrait view...also might want to email the developer of the app who is also a member here @BlueIrisCompanion props to him for making the app...its really the only thing available for windows phone/tablet users...

spotco2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't even think about trying to rotate the screen.

No love though. Only works in landscape.

I'll keep playing.