IP "Fish-Eye" to local NAS

stpitt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello from a newbie

I'm about to start a Kit Car Build Project, and want to install a Fish Eye camera in the roof of my garage to record the build, and store the images to a local NAS servers/host over my UTP or WiFi network at home.

Ideally I'd then like to be able to convert this into a time Laps of the build progress, probably in stages.

I eMailed "Blue Iris" who recommended to me to ask here for some advise on both the ideal camera and software to use.

I'd like it to be able to both do this on a scheduled as well as on demand, and hopefully embed time data into each shot.

Don't really want this to go to cloud, as I'm an IT Consultant, as we as a kind are tight bastards who don't like spending our own cash.

Same on the camera, don't really want to spend a lot of money, not bothered about night-vision

Be great-full for any suggestions?
Steve "BugMan"

cctvnerd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Steve,

dont use a fish eye camera. Take a camera with 2.8mm fixed lens, Hikvision for example and mount them in one of the corners of your garage. The field of view should be around 100 degree which is mostly enough. If you have a synology nas they support the hikvision cameras very well and depends on the model you dont nee a license. if not just be sure running smb or nfs on you nas. i dont in which file format the camera will save the data on you nas but if its the hikvision only format they provide a converter to convert the file in every other movie format you want. the rest is just video editing.

camera: Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

converter: ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Software/00%20%20%20Software%20Tool%20Package/03%20%20%20Video%20Format%20Convert%20Tool/VSPlayer.rar