IP Refresh causes a mess

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Time Warner decided to refresh my IP address for the first time in a year. My location - with the new IP address - is somewhere in Kansas

More importantly, I can no longer access the cameras with the IOS app or the browser within BI. (yes, I changed everything to reflect the new IP)

Anyone have any ideas about this?
Meanwhile I'm looking into NO-IP.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Time Warner decided to refresh my IP address for the first time in a year. My location - with the new IP address - is somewhere in Kansas

More importantly, I can no longer access the cameras with the IOS app or the browser within BI. (yes, I changed everything to reflect the new IP)

Anyone have any ideas about this?
Meanwhile I'm looking into NO-IP.

Thanks.

Ensure you entered the correct ip address and port number

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman -
Sure did. It was copy and paste and the port remains the same (?)

Thanks for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman -
Sure did. It was copy and paste and the port remains the same (?)

Thanks for your help.
What do you mean by copy and paste? where did you copy it from?
The blue iris server port will remain the same...
make sure you are entering the new external ip address followed by :XXXX where XXXX is the port number so something like 23.234.22.221:8585

EDIT, also if you cannot access your cams from the browser on the blue iris pc, then you have something else going on..were any other changes made?

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The IP shows in BI and it was cross-checked with programs such as WhatsmyIP.com, etc.

The only other changes were the usual Microsoft security updates (known to screw lots of things up...) and there was the latest BI update around the same time.
I have a second BI running on another system and it shows the same problem so that should cross off the problem has the dedicated PC. Probably a dumb-ass thing I'm doing. Therefore the request to straighten me out. :sad2:

Interestingly, when I open the BI web browser, BI goes to 100% and the page never fully opens.