IP2M-841 returns to preset on its own

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This cam seems to have a "home" that it returns to whenever it wants. I caught it moving between presets during a rainstorm but it doesn't have tracking that I know of.
I've played with different softwares but it mostly runs on SmartPSS.
If this is a feature I'd like to learn to take advantage of it - otherwise I need to get it to stay where I tell it to.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Jack - I see that you saw my longer version of this post over on the Amcrest forum as I too thought maybe they shipped me an upgrade from what I ordered. But that does not seem to be the case as it is not labeled that way and I can not get that icon to pop up anywhere in the software. My thinking was that maybe when tinkering with BI or something that there is a software item that could be setting this Preset as a "home".
You know that the Amcrest instructions and even videos are just the worst I've ever come across and I've searched all of the Youtube vids that I could stand and still can't figure this out.
I'll give it another day and just do a factory reset but as I said - if it is a feature, I'd sure like to learn how to use it. Thanks for your idea though - I followed your link. :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running the latest firmware on two IP2M-841's (but both are original 1080p models that were released by Amcrest in 2017). Neither of these cameras are moving on their own. Its puzzling from what I'm reading on the recent feedback here. I don't have them connected to any system. Recording directly to microSD card.

James.S

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@StratRider,

Depending on what software you are using this could be an issue within the camera. Our surveillance Pro Software allows you to trigger the camera to move along a preset course. We call this the Tour feature, If you did not set any Tours I would recommend a factory reset of the device. If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to our Support team so we can further look into the issue. Amcrest support

Last edited:

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks James but since I started running it on BI-5, that issue has completely stopped.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running the latest firmware on two IP2M-841's (but both are original 1080p models that were released by Amcrest in 2017). Neither of these cameras are moving on their own. Its puzzling from what I'm reading on the recent feedback here. I don't have them connected to any system. Recording directly to microSD card.
No problem here with 3 of 'em running latest f/w on Blue Iris v4 and starting 2 months ago on v5. ...never an issue. Strange! :wtf: