IP2M-852E in blue iris?

Kimia

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure out some cameras for the inside of a new location. We've figured out that we need about 23 inside and 9 outside. Previously, we've been using 720p cameras, which is okay, but we've decided that we really want to have more detail than that.

Now, I already have 9 960p outdoor cameras that I'll be using on this build. Which leaves me trying to find the indoor cameras. We were talking about using 4k cameras in the office and over the registers, but I think that 1080p would get the job done for less.

I've been looking at these cameras, and I really like the resolution and the wide viewing angle. The only thing holding me back is how well do these work with blue iris?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure out some cameras for the inside of a new location. We've figured out that we need about 23 inside and 9 outside. Previously, we've been using 720p cameras, which is okay, but we've decided that we really want to have more detail than that.

Now, I already have 9 960p outdoor cameras that I'll be using on this build. Which leaves me trying to find the indoor cameras. We were talking about using 4k cameras in the office and over the registers, but I think that 1080p would get the job done for less.

I've been looking at these cameras, and I really like the resolution and the wide viewing angle. The only thing holding me back is how well do these work with blue iris?
Hi Kimia,

I would recommend avoiding those camera due to the odd ball shape it's really hard to get those to look like the installer wasn't drunk when setting them up.

Amcrest has some nice "4K" IP PoE models - Dahua OEM, for about $125-130 at times with the appropriate discount codes. ( example IP8M-2496EB ) If you need to you can chat with them and get a good price.

If you like to get the Dahua OEM version from Andy ( see the vendor section here )
IPC-HDW48xx or IPC-HFW48xx models for 4K.

If you need good low light performance, look for the IPC-HDW42xx 2MP models.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kimia

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kimia,

I would recommend avoiding those camera due to the odd ball shape it's really hard to get those to look like the installer wasn't drunk when setting them up.

Amcrest has some nice "4K" IP PoE models - Dahua OEM, for about $125-130 at times with the appropriate discount codes. ( example IP8M-2496EB ) If you need to you can chat with them and get a good price.

If you like to get the Dahua OEM version from Andy ( see the vendor section here )
IPC-HDW48xx or IPC-HFW48xx models for 4K.

If you need good low light performance, look for the IPC-HDW42xx 2MP models.
Well, after talking it further with my boss, we've decided against using 4k, as he thinks it'd be over kill and thus a waste of money when 1080p would get the job done.

I'm not 100% what you mean as to an odd ball shape on those 1080p cameras though? Beyond the appearance of the cameras, is there any other issue with them?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-14_11-59-34.png

This is an ODD Ball shaped camera, and once you attempt to install it, it will be difficult to actually get it to look as nice as a typical circular cross section shaped camera.