IP5M-B1186E IR Light Won't Stay Off?

nul_user

n3wb
Reaction score
Since updating to V2.820.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2022-03-25 I've found that I can't change the setting for IR Light to Off because somehow it resets itself to Auto.

Has anyone experienced this or anything else strange with this recent firmware version?

nul_user

n3wb
Reaction score
Checking the logs, a process named System is changing my Night IR back to Auto after I manually change it to Off. Does anyone know where I'd look to see what System is and what's telling it to do this?

User Name: System
Type: Save Configuration
Content:
Name: Light Setting

nul_user

n3wb
Reaction score
I just learned there's both a Lighting and a Lighting_V2 with Lighting having a array of 4 configs while there's only 3 in Lighting_V2. I changed all to Off in the GUI and then manually changed the one that didn't match to Off with setConfig&Lighting[0][0].Mode=Off and within a minute everything except that one is back to Auto. Frustrating...

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

nul_user

n3wb
Reaction score
I reverted back the firmware and entered a support request with Amcrest.

I found several differences between the settings with this firmware version and the previous one, but even manually changing them to match didn't prevent the camera from changing Off back to Auto.

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue. @nul_user did you ever get a response from your ticker with amcrest and/or have a better workaround?

I am on the Latest Software Version: V2.820.00AC001.0.R