IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue as you with my Color 4k-t. Mine was a mess with pixelation and artifacts. I updated it to Andy's October firmware and did a factory default and that fixed all of my issues. In your previous post you said that you did not do a factory default. If you updated the firmware without doing the factory default that would explain why you're still having those issues. As mentioned previously on this forum, its recommended that you do 3 factory defaults in a row after a firmware update. I suggest you do the recommended factory defaults on the camera and let us know if that resolved your issues.
After I initially did the October firmware update from Andy I did do the factory reset one time. I didn’t do 3 times though. The update I did just a few days ago was going from Andy’s to the Dahua official version. I will switch back to Andy’s and try the factory reset 3 times.

walleyefisher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After I initially did the October firmware update from Andy I did do the factory reset one time. I didn’t do 3 times though. The update I did just a few days ago was going from Andy’s to the Dahua official version. I will switch back to Andy’s and try the factory reset 3 times.
This idea that you need to factory reset 3 times seems pretty ridiculous. I mean do you need to dance around in a circle and pat your head and rub your stomach? Either a factory reset works or it doesnt.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This idea that you need to factory reset 3 times seems pretty ridiculous. I mean do you need to dance around in a circle and pat your head and rub your stomach? Either a factory reset works or it doesnt.
Well ridiculous or not, it does solve issues in some instances.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While it may seem ridiculous, many of us have seen that 3 factory resets is what is needed.

We have all seen the firmware is wonky and still uses Internet Explorer, so what do you expect.

Plus many people will update without factory reseting, and that causes issues as well. Maybe a factory reset, install update and factor reset again is sufficient, but folks cut a corner and then pay for it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

The Color4K we have a newer firmware and right now we release it after we do some further testing, thanks to the help @Wildcat_1 , here is his Summary. Download link is on the 1st page.

Summary = Overall, nice update
  • Algorithm changes have been made which assist with overall PQ due to reducing under hood (non user controllable) gain
  • Picture quality has also improved in other areas (without additional artifacts) in part with over sharpening in general reduced slightly more
  • Noticing less 'jaggies' present when comparing against my last recommended FW of 9-22 / 10-22
  • Also slightly less fringing (chromatic aberration) on this FW, just slightly
  • Night PQ is a little better with less dark areas/shadows crushed
  • Noise has been improved and reduced
    • Specifically, a move in taming the pulsing noise (which I had commented on before and hate), and moving. While pulse is still present it is HIGHLY subdued now and the crawl is the more dominant noise pattern

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys

The Color4K we have a newer firmware and right now we release it after we do some further testing, thanks to the help @Wildcat_1 , here is his Summary. Download link is on the 1st page.

Summary = Overall, nice update
  • Algorithm changes have been made which assist with overall PQ due to reducing under hood (non user controllable) gain
  • Picture quality has also improved in other areas (without additional artifacts) in part with over sharpening in general reduced slightly more
  • Noticing less 'jaggies' present when comparing against my last recommended FW of 9-22 / 10-22
  • Also slightly less fringing (chromatic aberration) on this FW, just slightly
  • Night PQ is a little better with less dark areas/shadows crushed
  • Noise has been improved and reduced
    • Specifically, a move in taming the pulsing noise (which I had commented on before and hate), and moving. While pulse is still present it is HIGHLY subdued now and the crawl is the more dominant noise pattern
I see the link got updated, however that appears to be the PAL not USA version. Is the NTSC/USA version available?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see the link got updated, however that appears to be the PAL not USA version. Is the NTSC/USA version available?
It is simply a pulldown in the GUI. It will work and then you change it if needed.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PN means PAL and NTSC both suppoted.,Right now all IP cams ' fw support PAL and NTSC. PN or NP are the same.
Good to know! Thank you! I figured since Dahua posted two separate files there had to be a reason. I guess not.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We will have a Beta firmware for the IPC-Color4K-T180 within this month, will have some adjustment on the pics, find a balance on the resolution, pics and good support for security ePTZ function . Yes, we Will invite some guys to do some testing on the new fw.

The T180 also will have a black version, looks awesome, will be released at March.
1676951901667.png

pres586

n3wb
Reaction score
The 4K-T and 4K180 cameras have a newer fw , we will release it later this week.
Any idea how specifically the newer firmware might address the stretched vertical resolution issues on the 4K180 camera? Debating between getting the IPC-Color4K-T180 versus the Hikvision panoramic model DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL. Thanks.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed my first 4K-T today.

Have just started dialling it in, see settings and system info. I notice that the image is very "laggish", especially when live viewing on main stream. (I am using dual streams in BI) My computer CPU/RAM load is fine.
Even viewing it in UI3 locally (on the same computer as BI is running,) FPS is dropping to around 6-7FPS when viewing main stream from this particular camera. FPS is set to 15 in BI as well-
Is that something that will be adressed in this new firmware?

How will I go forward when installing the new FW? The browsers I have are Google Chrome and Edge (default on my new win10 pro install) I can not see that I can download microsoft IE, definitely not from microsofts sites.
I have seen som posts about factory defaulting the camera, do I have to do that before or after I install any new FW? And will that have to be done by the button on the camera itself? (I would prefer not to climb back up on the ladder in this freezing weather )

4kt sysinfo.png4kt stream.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I installed my first 4K-T today.

Have just started dialling it in, see settings and system info. I notice that the image is very "laggish", especially when live viewing on main stream. (I am using dual streams in BI) My computer CPU/RAM load is fine.
Even viewing it in UI3 locally (on the same computer as BI is running,) FPS is dropping to around 6-7FPS when viewing main stream from this particular camera. FPS is set to 15 in BI as well-
Is that something that will be adressed in this new firmware?

How will I go forward when installing the new FW? The browsers I have are Google Chrome and Edge (default on my new win10 pro install) I can not see that I can download microsoft IE, definitely not from microsofts sites.
I have seen som posts about factory defaulting the camera, do I have to do that before or after I install any new FW? And will that have to be done by the button on the camera itself? (I would prefer not to climb back up on the ladder in this freezing weather )

View attachment 156812View attachment 156813
Mine do not experience laggish video. Are your cameras going thru the router or are they isolated by either VLAN or dual NIC?

UI3 by default sends lower FPS. What is the FPS when you are in the BI console? If it is dropping below what you have it set for, then that is usually a power issue with your POE power supply. Either you are over the power budget or the port is starting to go.

Internet Explorer is baked into Win10 - simply go to the search bar lower left and type in Explorer.

You can factory reset it from the camera GUI if you would prefer to not get up on the ladder.....but for future reference, most do any firmware updates while we are still bench testing so we don't have to deal with going back up on a ladder LOL. And most of us do not update the firmware after we install the camera - if it works for our needs, an update usually messes up something.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wittaj , Yes, they are on a separate subnet /Vlan (192.168.30.x) /VLan 30 with interVlan routing as my console is on the "Native Vlan (0.x) with intervlan routing and ACL to prevent the cameras from internet,
Other cameras are "smooth as silk", however my 4K-T is the only 8mp camera.

FPS from BI console:

BI 4kT fps.png
However, sometimes the FPS goes UP to 16/17fps before it goes back down. (Set to 15fps in cam GUI and in video settings for particular cam in BI)

As for POE issues, these are new enterprise managed switches and well within budget:
POE ipc4kT.png

Thanks for the tip about IE, (it launches Edge simultaneously when I open it but there it was :)

Yes, I had my new camera running on my desk for a day or 2 prior to installation but I did not notice any "laggishness" until it came outside today. The image quality is great and all (It's a sunny day today, but when a person or a car is generating motion it "stutters"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok that rules out network and power supply!

Next up is what is the cable made of - CCA or pure copper?

Last edited:

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok that rules out network and power supply!

Next up is what is the cable made of - CCA or pure aluminum?
Honestly I am not sure. It is a "outdoor rated cat 6 cable with PE outer sheating and solid core wires" bought from a reputable company. I have never heard of network cables made of pure aluminium, perhaps you mean pure copper or cca (copper cladded alu) ?

I have been investigating further with regards to my configuration. I had both camera AI and BI motion detection activated at the same time, but that should not be of a big consern as BI values were set so low that they would never generate a trigger. Anyway, I removed both for now for testing purposes. Camera still stutters when cars drive by. Also rebooted camera after it stopped responding when accessing the GUI. (with Edge that is, if I try to open IE now, Win10 automatically shuts it down and launches Edge, lol...
I also activated Intel +VPP hardware decoding as i have set on my 5442.

The funny thing is if i watch the FPS in BI console when it starts "stuttering/freezing", after picture becomes "static" again, the FPS goes waay above my settings as if BI is trying to "catch up" with all the lost frames:
ipc4kt bi fps high.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I meant pure copper LOL and corrected the post.

Sadly, even outdoor rated cables come in CCA and CCA can contribute to all kinds of problems with POE cameras.

OK, your hardware acceleration is likely the issue.

Around the time AI was introduced in BI, many here had their system become unstable with hardware acceleration on (even if not using DeepStack or CodeProject). Some have also been fine. I started to see that error when I was using hardware acceleration.

This hits everyone at a different point. Some had their system go wonky immediately, some it was after a specific update, and some still don't have a problem, yet the trend is showing running hardware acceleration will result in a problem at some point.

However, with substreams being introduced, the CPU% needed to offload video to a GPU (internal or external) is more than the CPU% savings seen by offloading to a GPU. Especially after about 12 cameras, the CPU goes up by using hardware acceleration.

My CPU % went down by not using hardware acceleration.

Try turning HA off at the global level and camera level and see if that helps.

But if you decide you still want to use it for some reason, use plain intel and not the variants like intel +vpp.