IPC-EBW81230 Missing Sub-stream 2

Reaction score
Just got two IPC-EBW81230 fisheye cameras from Andy. These are the first two cameras we've ever purchased. After reading through the forums here for about a week or so, I knew Andy would take good care of us, and he did!

One thing that I've encountered with the cameras, though, is that they seem to only provide access to one sub-stream instead of two. The spec sheet indicates that it's supposed to support three total streams - one main stream and two sub-streams; but only one shows up in the admin UI and through ONVIF.

I checked my firmware version build date (2017-11-07) and it's actually more recent than the latest firmware available on the Dahua site (2017-06-16).

upload_2019-4-12_17-56-22.png

upload_2019-4-12_17-56-36.png

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got two IPC-EBW81230 fisheye cameras from Andy. These are the first two cameras we've ever purchased. After reading through the forums here for about a week or so, I knew Andy would take good care of us, and he did!

One thing that I've encountered with the cameras, though, is that they seem to only provide access to one sub-stream instead of two. The spec sheet indicates that it's supposed to support three total streams - one main stream and two sub-streams; but only one shows up in the admin UI and through ONVIF.

I checked my firmware version build date (2017-11-07) and it's actually more recent than the latest firmware available on the Dahua site (2017-06-16).

View attachment 41388

View attachment 41389

Any ideas?
try disabling the smart codec.
The second substream is never needed anyway.

Reaction score
Aha! That's interesting... you were correct, that Smart Codec disables the second sub-stream. Ok, I think I understand.

Regarding why I needed the second stream, I was trying to work around a limitation in Synology Surveillance Station where Fisheye Dewarp is inexplicably disabled if the Live View is set to use a different stream than the Maximum Bandwidth stream. I have a ticket in to them about the limitation to understand why Fisheye Dewarp is locked out with this configuration. One potential reason is that the resolution of Sub-stream 1 is too low (704x576) for decent dewarp image. Sub-stream 2 supports 1280x960, so I'm giving that a shot.

Thank you!

MGA

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware too old, use this latest new one. ;)
Hello Empiretecandy,

I also have the EBW-81230-P (Pal) model (english version). As I have a lot of difficluties to find up to date firmware, could you let me know if this file is also compatible with the PAL version?

Thanks a lot in advance.
G

MGA

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer. Just did ut and it works very nicely. It seems that the live view is now flash based... Will need to try it out and see if I can finally use the web interface of this camera!

More general question, what is the place where I can find most up to date dahua firmware? it seems that their website is very bad for this...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.