IPC-HDB4300c

Reaction score
I have been following this thread for a while now. Recently purchased a home and will be adding cameras. I have been in contact with Andy to receive one of the IPC-HDW5231R-Z to start out. @nayr Question is how do you feel about the HDB4300c mini dome. I know you are not a fan of having domes outside. A friend has one for $40 so I thought about setting it up as a test at the front door. I tried to search any reviews on this cam from you but just wanted to know your thoughts. I am also purchasing the 4231C-AS mini dome for inside.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I compared the 5231 against a 4300 series in the review, they are pretty crap without a ton of light.. and the 4:3 kinda sucks when everything else you have is 16:9

The 4300S on my back door is going to be replaced with a 5231 Turret as soon as the next batch of cameras comes in.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
4:3 isn't bad for looking out a driveway. Wide enough to be useful and a bit more height to cover closer to the camera. Not as good for seeing what's going on beside the driveway though. 16:9 gives more width, naturally, and fits multiple small thumbnails neatly on a 16:9 widescreen monitor. Sometimes I wish I could flick a switch and change a cam from one to the other to fit the scene a bit better.