IPC-HDBW4231F-AS IR Always On

joltman

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased the camera from Andy along with two other 5321 ZE cameras. Those are working as expected. The 4231 will not turn off it's IR light, even during daytime. Where can I start looking first? I thought I had read something about this on the forum, but I'm not finding it again. Thank you!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked the configuration, through the web interface, to make sure that IR is either set to "auto" or "off" depending on the schedule?

joltman

n3wb
Reaction score
Under SETTINGS > CAMERA > CONDITIONS > IR LIGHT = SmartIR

The other IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras are also set to SmartIR, and they are working correctly.

joltman

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using blue iris? If so, the IR button could cause the IR to stay on
I do have BlueIris running, but I only got it working this weekend. This was an issue before BI. I'm looking through the config in bi trying to find the IR option and not having much luck. Newbies, am I right?

EDIT:

I found the IR button (yeah, it's a button that looks like a light bulb). However, toggling it does nothing on all cameras (I have 4 in there currently).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do have BlueIris running, but I only got it working this weekend. This was an issue before BI. I'm looking through the config in bi trying to find the IR option and not having much luck. Newbies, am I right?

EDIT:

I found the IR button (yeah, it's a button that looks like a light bulb). However, toggling it does nothing on all cameras (I have 4 in there currently).
Set the camera back to factory defaults.

joltman

n3wb
Reaction score
I will try resetting the camera back to defaults. However, I have setup a READ ONLY user on each camera (called "viewuser"). That is the account I'm using in BI to view the streams. Should I be using the admin account?