IPC-HDBW4433R-ZS Information

shimabuku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm looking to replace my UVC-Micro which is located above my front porch outside. I was thinking of purchasing the below Dahua model but unsure of a few details of the product. It does say that it is a Starlight camera but I cannot find any info on that model saying it does have a Sony starlight (STARVIS) sensor. Also in the product detail it states that one should not upgrade the camera firmware, by doing so will cause the firmware to be in Chinese language. So will I be on this firmware forever? I will be running PoE out to the camera so if there are any other recommendations on other models I would be happy to hear them. Thanks!

Dahua Starlight Camera IPC HDBW4433R ZS 2.7mm ~13.5mm varifocal motorized lens 4MP IR50M IP camera replace IPC HDBW4431R ZS -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Contact Andy, kingsecurity2014@163.com He'll set you up with an international version of that camera, no logo, that can be upgraded safely. That one on Alibaba is a hacked Chinese version which is why it can't be upgraded. Andy give great service and excellent pricing.

JasBer

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought this exact camera that is in Shimabuku's link before finding this site. When you say hacked Chinese version, do you mean in a bad way? Like is the camera a security risk?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
No, what I mean is that the firmware probably can't be upgraded without major angst or possibly bricking the camera. Not all of the ones on Alibaba are hacked, but you can be sure of what you're getting from Andy. He has an American Amazon site now, too, if you're in a big hurry.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Read the WiKi in the Cliff Notes at the top of every page, blue title bar. Drop the idea of a dome for outdoors, the plastic dome will oxidize over time and kill the view, and use a turret or "eyeball" style. Keep in mind the camera you linked to is a varifocal and not a zoom. A varifocal is designed to be set to a specific focal length at installation and left that way, not zoom in and out constantly like a true zoom camera. If you want a good, Starvis equipped, low light, varifocal, have a look at the Dahua 2231R-ZS.

modenet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I read Cliff's excellent guide. in any case it remains my interest for the @shimabuku cam.
I do not think that the Chinese cam are always worse.
I tested an official IPC-HFW4431E-S and a Chinese IPC-HFW4431R-Z; the first one was embarrassing at night, due to high background noise. the first I paid double the second.
now I'm using IPC-HFW4631H-ZSA which is even better.
so the Chinese cam for me do not make all trash.

so @shimabuku can you describe how do you fell with IPC-HDBW4433R-ZS?

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found one of these cameras that was given to me uninitilized and never used. OEM - It laid around my basement for about 3 or 4 years. I was excited when i logged in and saw it has IVS...the lightbulb you click to initilize intrusion/tripwire rules.....then read the sensor was 1/2.9, -- damn. It's 4mp on a 1/2.9 sensor so it's gonna suk in low light.

It's gonna suk unless the sun is out shining bright. I'm done with small sensors. Funny how they say shit like "starviz" or "starlight" like all it needs is the ambiant light of the stars to have a beautiful usable picture.

I think you can get a brand new one, or it's upgraded version for about 65 dollars. That shoud tell you all you need to know.