IPC-HDBW52131R-Z / PFM140 Starlight dome recession

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I decided to add my recession of HDBW5431 a starlight HDBW mini dome version IPC-HDBW5231R-Z. The main reason was not the bad low light of HDBW5431, I was not satisfied with the IR coverage and especially the wrong ir focus point problem disappointed me.

This time i got the cam over UPS to Germany from @EMPIRETECANDY within 10 days and no problems with tax. Great!

Generally speaking, I would never choose a dome instead of ballseye, except to the needing of audio out. A dome has many problems, a balls eye doesn´t have. Although this one has less IR clouding and reflections.

Now let´s see, what can the nearly same pricing HDBW5231R-Z do against the 4MP HDBW5431R-Z?

Let´s start with the product himself:
IMG_20170304_181107.jpg

It´s a small one nice for indoor use, but its full IP67 rated. If a public fitting PFA137 is used, be careful of the cable hole which has left open!

Interesting, look on the IR led´s , it seems to be one spot and one flood led.
IMG_20170304_181343.jpg
Here is also a hardware reset button.
IMG_20170304_181219.jpg
In this recession I also uploaded videos to YouTube. I had trouble with uploading any contend with h265, my preferred codec, but YouTube wasn´t able to transcode it. The picture is with the same bitrate much better. (No picture jump on every I-Frame) All my videos has been recorded with gDMSS plus APP, therefore I have no quality losses.

The cam settings:
- maximum angle, oh what surprise, the FOV (97°) is a bit more than HBDW5431 (100°)!
- Codec h264, 4000kbit, VBR 25f/s, WDR 20,3DNR 20
Picture Quality defaults, auto settings

In my setup i use a Dahua PFM-140 external micro. It´s working very well. I can hear my children´s from downstairs with it, it has an AGC build in. I was wondering, with a HDBW5231 it´s more sensitive than working with HDBW5431. I used 48khz@AAC as audio codec.
Sorry for the jumping video stream, I crossed different WiFi AP´s and this causes for the first video a picture problem.

The next ones recorded fine. Here I show the quality differences between only internal IR and working together with an old 2,5W IR Spot showing to the wood ceiling direction bed. These videos are a good example for the high sensitivity of the external mic. The AGC is working really fine and is much better than the internal mics.

Last edited: