IPC-HDBW5231E-Z / IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 Night time power consumption

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As above I am hoping that someone with a smart POE switch and one of these cameras can give me their actual night time power consumption. Trying to spec a POE NVR for 7 domes and one Z12 bullet, and don't want to run out of power at night.

Last edited:

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My smartswitch says my Z pulled a peak 5.5W, and my Z5 (similar consumption to Z12 I believe) pulled a peak of 10.8W. Both I suppose could pull more while zooming in/out; my switch allocated 30W for each camera so I'm not too worried LOL.

I would go off of the camera specs though, then you should be safe. That said, letting POE capability limit your choices of DVR may not be a good idea. You may be better off getting a non-poe DVR that has everything you need with good reviews, and a separate affordable POE switch that meets your needs.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would go off of the camera specs though, then you should be safe. That said, letting POE capability limit your choices of DVR may not be a good idea. You may be better off getting a non-poe DVR that has everything you need with good reviews, and a separate affordable POE switch that meets your needs.
Yeah I have started leaning that way. The System isn't for me. All my gear runs off ubiquiti switches. Doing it for a relative and I was trying to keep things as simple as possible, and within their stated budget. Dahua's 8 Port, 96W POE switch looks like it will be good value for money, and 12 watts per port should be plenty.