IPC-HDBW5442H-ZE vs IPC-HDBW5442H-Z4E

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there any reason why I should prefer an IPC-HDW5442T-ZE (2.7mm - 12mm, turret) over an IPC-HFW5442E-Z4E (8mm - 32mm, bullet as there doesn't seem to be any 8mm-32mm turret)? If I mount the cams where I have Ethernet cables coming out the wall then about 12mm is the right focal length so both could work, the former at the limit. I could run cables along the wall to get closer but I think it makes more sense to optically zoom in and keep a lower angle of view (the current cams are some 12' high and the area of interest is about 25' away). The Z4E seems to have a longer illumination distance.

Btw, I assume the IPC-HFW5442E-Z4E and IPC-T5542W-Z4E are the same cams, the former is just from Dahua directly and the later is from Andy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If all you need is 12mm, then go with the turret and thus get the audio built in.

The only reason the Z4E has a longer illumination distance is because it has 4 IR LEDs compared to 2 IR LEDs because the Z4E has a longer optical zoom.

Yes those are the same cameras, just Dahua model versus Andy model.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have no need for audio and I don't have the cabling for audio, either. So maybe I will go with the Z4E as I am pushing the limit on the ZE (12mm) unless there is something that speaks against the bullet Z4E. One will be mounted on a (vertical) wall and one on a soffit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not need more cabling for the audio - it goes thru the POE ethernet cable.

I am always a fan of more zoom, so if you are ok with the bullet, go with the Z4E.

You think you don't need audio now...but an event will happen that you wish you did! It helps paint the picture of what is going on around you.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are really around the 12mm range, then I absolutely would recommend going with the IPC-HFW5442E-Z4E (8mm - 32mm) option. This allows you to have a slightly wider view than what you currently want, but also won't be limited to just 12mm and can really dial in the exact focal length needed.