IPC-HDW4231EM-AS - The best for 130$?

Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking for an IP camera between 100$ and 150$ dollars. Can be turret or bullet.

I found this (2017 old?) camera IPC-HDW4231EM-AS for $127. Is it the best that I can buy for this price? Any suggestions?

XAS.PNG

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking for an IP camera between 100$ and 150$ dollars. Can be turret or bullet.

I found this (2017 old?) camera IPC-HDW4231EM-AS for $127. Is it the best that I can buy for this price? Any suggestions?

Hi Daniel,

That is still a top quality camera, well liked by many here.

If you directly contact Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and let him know you're a member he may have a slight discount, or perhaps a slight discount if you go through paypal.

Also note, his prices includes quick shipping ( DHL ), which can be very nice when you're in a hurry or want quality tracking of the package.

Remember IP PoE cameras do not come with AC adapters - as they're often connected to PoE NVRs or switches. So keep that in mind. Also, I really like the junction boxes, so that maybe another item to pick up with the camera.

Reaction score
Hi Daniel,

That is still a top quality camera, well liked by many here.

If you directly contact Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and let him know you're a member he may have a slight discount, or perhaps a slight discount if you go through paypal.

Also note, his prices includes quick shipping ( DHL ), which can be very nice when you're in a hurry or want quality tracking of the package.

Remember IP PoE cameras do not come with AC adapters - as they're often connected to PoE NVRs or switches. So keep that in mind. Also, I really like the junction boxes, so that maybe another item to pick up with the camera.

Hi Mat200,

I just wanna put this on my wall like this:
AAA.jpg

Need I buy some thing for it?

I saw this picture:

BBBB.jpg
Is it what you were talking about? Is it highly recommended? Make a huge difference? Thanks, man!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Daniel,

Check out the junction boxes and wall mounts in the notes ( example PFA137, PFB204W )
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

Also there is a new version of the junction box - PFA130e

It is possible to mount without a junction box or wall mount - however that means typically you'll be stuffing the cables back into the wall and thus will need a larger hole in the wall.

I like either the junction box or wall mount as they have enough room to put the cables in and thus allows me to drill smaller holes in the wall.

Reaction score
I've had the turret version of that Starlight camera on my garage watching my driveway for the last year or more. It's been unbelievably reliable and provides ridiculously high quality night images.

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm learning a lot here. It is going to be my first time with DAHUA. I have a FOSCAM that is really terrible.

So I found these cameras:

I liked these IP cameras:

1x Turret IPC-HDW1320S 3MP 1 ~ 20fps H.264+ US $50 -$56.00 +Wall Mount +Pole Mount
1x Bullet IPC-HFW4231E-S 2MP 1~50/60fps H.265+ US $73 - 80
1x Turret IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE 4MP 1~25/30fps H.265+ US $92.5 - 93.1 +Wall Mount

Is it a good selection? Any recommendation? Also, Andy is helping me a lot.

Need I some mount for the bullet version? Or I can put the bullet version on the wall easily?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm learning a lot here. It is going to be my first time with DAHUA. I have a FOSCAM that is really terrible.

So I found these cameras:

I liked these IP cameras:

1x Turret IPC-HDW1320S 3MP 1 ~ 20fps H.264+ US $50 -$56.00 +Wall Mount +Pole Mount
1x Bullet IPC-HFW4231E-S 2MP 1~50/60fps H.265+ US $73 - 80
1x Turret IPC-HDW4431EM-ASE 4MP 1~25/30fps H.265+ US $92.5 - 93.1 +Wall Mount

Is it a good selection? Any recommendation? Also, Andy is helping me a lot.

Need I some mount for the bullet version? Or I can put the bullet version on the wall easily?
Hi Daniel,

iirc those prices from Alibaba do not include shipping, and iirc the prices listed there are based on larger orders - not small numbers.
Also note that Andy is helping you a lot, and that particular vendor is not.

I have the amcrest bullet version of the 1320s and it is OK, the IPC-HDW42xx or IPC-HDW52xx models are significantly better.

Reaction score
Hey Mat,

I would like to buy with Andy. Actually, that particular vendor on Alibaba is not the Andy the owner? "King CCTV"? (look the hyperlinks)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Mat,

I would like to buy with Andy. Actually, that particular vendor on Alibaba is not the Andy the owner? "King CCTV"? (look the hyperlinks)
Hi Daniel,

Alibaba website and Aliexpress websites are different.

Alibaba = more for larger orders, whole sale, shipping typically not included in prices you see. Best prices available if you buy a lot. Import issues may apply.

Aliexpress = small orders.

note - you can even skip Aliexpress for Andy and use paypal - it may even help reduce the costs due to the cut Aliexpress takes.

Update: W/regards to that Alibaba vendor "KingCCTV" I was unable to find a link to the known store fronts for Andy

Last edited: