IPC-HDW4631C-A firmware

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have 2 versions of this camera IPC-HDW4631C-A.
They both have different firmware. One has a very good firmware without any problems. The other ones firmware has a problem with timezone setting . So now i want to know is it possible to download the firmware directly from the camera that has the good working firmware and than flash it to the other with the bad working firmware? Is there a way to do this? What tools do i need? Supplier won't give me the firmware... So i'm hoping i can solve my problem like this.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera will likely brick if you update it. Warning don't update fw, it will restart with chinese lang if it does take the fw update.

Reaction score
Camera will likely brick if you update it. Warning don't update fw, it will restart with chinese lang if it does take the fw update.
So it still brick if i flash a firmware from the same camera ( different supplier ) ? It is exactly the same model. Or if some one here has a good working firmware for my camera that would be great.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So it still brick if i flash a firmware from the same camera ( different supplier ) ? It is exactly the same model. Or if some one here has a good working firmware for my camera that would be great.
Those cams are not original english/international models, so never can do upgrade, but if you want to update to Chinese fw, i can help you. Those are CHinese market models.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
thanks for the offer. I think I have found a valid FW for this camera: DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707. Correct ?
I am not sure that I will install a chinese version to this cam without the option to go back. However, I am confused why this cam will "not" accept an international FW with the same HWID.

Anyway, the camera is on loan from a friend and I was impressed about the very good night view. That is the reason why I have tested it.
I am looking for good night cams for my flat - to replace my bad ReoLink. One cam should check my door (approx. 4 m away), so I should use 2.8mm and the other one my car (approx. 8 m), so I think to use 6mm lens.
What other official Dahua camera can you recommend ? I am based in germany.
I am not using a DVR, I am using "motion detection" to put via ftp the substream on a dedicated ftp/www-server.

KR
kuzco

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,
thanks for the offer. I think I have found a valid FW for this camera: DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707. Correct ?
I am not sure that I will install a chinese version to this cam without the option to go back. However, I am confused why this cam will "not" accept an international FW with the same HWID.

Anyway, the camera is on loan from a friend and I was impressed about the very good night view. That is the reason why I have tested it.
I am looking for good night cams for my flat - to replace my bad ReoLink. One cam should check my door (approx. 4 m away), so I should use 2.8mm and the other one my car (approx. 8 m), so I think to use 6mm lens.
What other official Dahua camera can you recommend ? I am based in germany.
I am not using a DVR, I am using "motion detection" to put via ftp the substream on a dedicated ftp/www-server.

KR
kuzco
Because Dahua's hardware on the PBC board is different from the foreign version.
Should be the default product region using chip resistors.