IPC-HDW5231R-Z black overlay text bug?

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received 3 of these from Andy last week. I upgraded them all to the latest firmware and they seem to be operating normally, however one of them has an issue where the overlay text keeps switching to black instead of white. Rebooting the camera doesn't fix it... I've managed to get it back to white a few times by hitting various default buttons in the setup but both times I reset it, it eventually went back to being black after a few hours.

Anyone else seen this?2017-03-27_10-33-37.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an option in the OSD configuration to set the text to the opposite colour of the background (ie black vs white) like the Hikvision IPCs?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would you mind listing the firmware number you upgraded to?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No, there's not an option for color
Not so much for colour - but a 'self-adaptive' setting where the text changes automatically between black and white depending on what the image it's placed over is doing, ie changing between bright and dark.
I don't know the camera - but wondering / assuming it would have similar OSD settings to Hikvision IPCs.

jayson436

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I have used Hikvisons before so I know what you meant, but that's not something Dahua supports and it's not doing adaptive like behavior, it's always black and in black and white video at night it's very difficult to see