IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Blurr

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a new HDW5231R-ZE that presents a continual blurred in the left 1/4-1/3 of the screen.
I have cleaned the lense and the inside and out of the glass but I persists as if it is internal to the camera.
See the area just to the left of the walkway.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or thoughts on correcting it?
I have several of the previous version ( no E, white face front) with the different front face with no issue.

I do not have a daytime pic but it appears in daylight as well, all day so ruling out an IR or sun glare issue.

Garage Entry 2018-4-15 10.09.12.501 PM.jpg

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like it is the light causing the blur, I will look at mine tonight with lights on.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I initially thought so but it is the same any time of day or night. Been this way from the start through a lot of different weather so can't say it is humidity either.
Not sure what else I can do more than cleaning the glass and outside of lens..cannot disassemble the lens.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I initially thought so but it is the same any time of day or night. Been this way from the start through a lot of different weather so can't say it is humidity either.
Not sure what else I can do more than cleaning the glass and outside of lens..cannot disassemble the lens.
post a day image

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Day image. I notice the blur begin just to the left of the stepping stones on the path. A little more so toward the top. It is somewhat better with full sun but still out of focus from there to the left.
This is a screen capture from my tablet so not the best resolution overall. The rest of the image is pretty clear and sharp. See the sharpness of the tree on the right compared to the branches, ac unit and bush and ground on the left which look blurred IMO.
I have cleaned the glass and lense inside and messes with the zoom and focus. This is full wide, no zoom. I have not noticed what it looks like zoomed.
Not sure what else to try messing with.

Screenshot_2018-04-18-22-16-13.png

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's not good. Guess I'll contact @EMPIRETECANDY to figure out how replacement warranty works.
Hope it's not too expensive to return/replace.