IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Firmware?

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can I fetch the latest dependable firmware for the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? I’ve had this cam since 2018 and I’m finally ready to mount it and thought it would be wise to update the firmware.

Thanks,

R

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure! What do you want to know about it ? ;-)
Happy Camming!
CC

PS. tip: have a look at the personal page of @EMPIRETECANDY , for this particular cam, your magical search terms are "FIRMWARE HX5X3X-Rhea"!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look at his section under Vendors, in the stickies there are a few to choose from.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I login to my 5231 and navigate to the Update tab, I see that there is an "Online Upgrade" option. When I click the "Manualy Check" button it says that my "System Version 2.622.0000000.18.R, Build Date: 2017-11-10" is the latest version. Shouldn't this indicate there is a newer version of the Firmware available?

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
You might have missed Andy explaining this "Windows Update" capability when searching for new firmwares, however that backend never got implemented. So it does not work at all.

On the other hand (by looking at your other post in the firmware topic): if you think this might work, it suggest your cam can indeed speak to the internet. Then you should not be worried by having outbound connectivity (concerning privacy that is), because you'll never know what kind of information you are giving "for free" to Dahua by pushing that "search for firmware" button (until you intercept those messages).