IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Mounting options

yulasinio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster long time looker here :D
Great community with some awesome content, not something you can easily find on the net.

After reading around the forum I've decided to get one IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE for
under the porch area and 2 x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE to use around the house. I've picked 5231 because I like it's format, not as in your face like the bullets. I didn't realised that in order to fit this model on the wall I need that ugly mount DH-PFB203W.

Is there really no other option of mounting the camera directly on the wall? Is the lens not adjustable at all?

EDIT: Added a photo for reference. I want to mount the cameras in the spots marked with the dots. Because it's on the middle of the wall I think the bullets wouldn't look nice that's why I've opted for 5231

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can mount the cameras directly to the wall, but that requires drilling a 1" hole in the wall to pass the cables coming off of the cameras into the wall.

You can also mount a junction box to the wall, then mount the camera to the junction box. You then only need to drill a 3/8" hole in the wall to pass an unterminated ethernet cable through... the cables coming off of the camera will connect to the ethernet coming from the wall within the junction box.

If you look at the 5231's spec page, there should be an "Accessory" tab that will show you the mounts that are compatible.
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
(you may have to click on link twice)

Last edited:

yulasinio

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of the junction box as I was looking at it for the 4231. So, you are saying that I can orientate the camera to get the correct image if it's mounted on the wall?

I need to look at some photos to see how the camera and the junction box look together.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes the camera lens can be rotated and twisted so as to allow you to get your required coverage but make sure you do a dry run and test before drilling holes in the wall. If the cables are going to coming through your brick wall then I would just mount the cameras on a junction box, this will give you somewhere to store the cables that come out of the back of the camera that is resistant to the weather and it will stand the camera slightly off the wall which should help you with getting the perfect coverage/aim.