IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Rhea V2.800.0000016.0.R.200430 Latest new firmware

Reaction score
So everything works, but the web interface? How often do you need that?

What browsers have you tried? With the latest firmware, the old browsers may not work. While I have never updated firmware, I do have several cameras on different firmware versions and some of the newer ones do not like Chrome w/NACL, but run on Edge just fine.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use that to configure the camera.
SmartPSS does not have all options to control

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PM me if you need help in this

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Updated all 6 of my cams without any issues. I,be never restarted or reset mine before an upgrade and only reset them after if recommend by Andy and, touch wood, no problems to date.

If you do have to reset then remember to first backup the config, saves you having to configure it all from scratch.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated the firmware on three model IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras from version 2.622.0000000.31R build 2018-08-13 to version 2.800.0000015.0.R build 2020-04-30 with no issues.

I did do both a restart and reset before and after the update prior to setting the configuration.

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Updated the firmware on three model IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras from version 2.622.0000000.31R build 2018-08-13 to version 2.800.0000015.0.R build 2020-04-30 with no issues.

I did do both a restart and reset before and after the update prior to setting the configuration.
I wonder then what's wrong with my camera. I got a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and I did do a reboot and reset before upgrade. I am going to try reset one more time and then try the unbricking some one else suggested

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did the update do something to the quality of the picture??? When I saw the picture after the update and it looked better so I took some snapshots and compared them to ones from several days ago and there seems to be a difference. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

jaykew123

n3wb
Reaction score
@empiretechandy

Do I have to do a factory reset afterwards, or is "default" enough? I don't remember how to do all the IP address changes that I did when I first got it.

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This seems to work slightly better on my HDW5831R-ZE, the live feed starts streaming much quicker via web browser and via local tinycam app access. Maybe this is just due to it being freshly rebooted but I'm crossing my fingers it stays this way. I did have to reboot my camera before applying, my first attempt it uploaded and then just sat there without applying the firmware. After a reboot of the camera, the upgrade applied with no issues.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This firmware works but it's been a bugger for me on two of my four affected cameras (see signature--I did not update the other two). I rebooted, backed up, then default factory reset (kept my ip config). I then installed the firmware without issue, but could not import the backup. I reconfigured everything manually, but I notice two issues and would love advice/recommendations if you have any:

When in the browser (Pale Moon) modifying camera settings such as brightness, backlighting or whatever the case may be, the camera is very very slow to respond and it also takes 10 seconds or more for the BI view to catchup. The other issue is that the camera image adjacent to these browser settings no longer maximizes to full screen in response to a double click.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
This is me ...

I would set all camera and NVR ip to DHCP to let router assign ip addresses. If you needed a static ip address on it then use router to assign the static ip address rather than having device try to assign itself ip addresses. I always been a fan of static ip address then with NAT so much better than that it was before. It's better to go with DHCP now days.

My life is easier every time I do a hard reset. All I need to do is change ip to DHCP and load the configuration backup back into the camera.

Everyone's preference is different and I am just sharing mine. :)

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not updated any of mine yet and I’m not sure that I’m going to because they cannot reach the Internet and the Internet cannot reach the cameras. I just don’t need the hassle if something goes sideways.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is me ...

My life is easier every time I do a hard reset. All I need to do is change ip to DHCP and load the configuration backup back into the camera.
TechBill,

I would like to make certain I understand your statement above. After a firmware update, you are restoring a configuration file that was created with an older version of the firmware?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
TechBill,

I would like to make certain I understand your statement above. After a firmware update, you are restoring a configuration file that was created with an older version of the firmware?
Yes. Configuration file only contain information / database of the firmware's setting and not the actual firmware itself..

It's a small size file whixh is about 100KB. I don't think there is any harm using the same conguiration between firmware version.

I don't always import it back in but there are some days when I am lazy to restore settings manually between firmware version so I import it back in.

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this update for both models? I have multiple IPC-HDW5831R-ZE without logo.
There on

V2.800.0000010.0.R, Build Date: 2019-08-07

Do i need to upgrade to: Rhea_Eng_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202 first? of can I use this one?