IPC HDW5231R-ZE

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking for answers on the camera I have setup out front. I am having the same issue others have. One being losing the connection to the camera, I plan to run a new cat 6 cable to it this weekend to try to resolve that problem. The next issue I have is the picture I have 2 pics one (241.bmp) is set at default and the other is with my settings that I use on the other camera same model. I would love to hear thoughts on this issue. Andy can you give some thoughts as well.

Attachments

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am i missing a setting? when I uploaded a pic before you did not have to download it to see it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Am i missing a setting? when I uploaded a pic before you did not have to download it to see it.
Posted images need to be JPG or PNG for sure, GIF may work. You can use MS Paint, etc. to "save as" or convert. I use old Paint Shop Pro 5.

Below is "Upload a file" and then I selected "full image" at cursor location. Or you can select "Thumbnail" which goes to full size when clicked on.

test2.jpg

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problems here with my ZE.
Using Pure Copper cable?
Crimp ends to the 568b spec?
Have you re-crimped ends that may not have been good the first time?
Don't have any network cables laying parallel to 120 or 220 v ac lines?
Take down the cam, Test the camera with a short, factory made cable.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Tony and looney, Yes I do have this connected unfortunately from an existing 5e cable to a 6 cable due to cable already in place i plan this weekend to run a new homerun with Cat6. I will check back with results.
You do agree, not a great picture for this camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony and looney, Yes I do have this connected unfortunately from an existing 5e cable to a 6 cable due to cable already in place i plan this weekend to run a new homerun with Cat6. I will check back with results.
You do agree, not a great picture for this camera?
The camera produces a great image, if you dont set it correctly it wont. It looks like it is not focused. Reset the camera and start of.