IPC-HF8242FP-FR facial recognition email?

Reaction score
Hi folks. Have been playing around with a new IPC-HF8242FP-FR that we have here at work. I can't find this particular information anywhere but may have missed it in the manual, is there a way to have the camera send an email on recognition of a face? I know it can do it on an alarm basis, but this isn't much use as it emails every time it discovers a face, not when it recognises one from the database.

I feel like this should be an integral part of this camera otherwise it's sort of useless really.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's probably a way to get at this information via the HTTP API, but the API documentation may not have been updated yet. Contact your dealer for a more recent copy of the HTTP API.

I doubt many people here have played with this rather spendy camera. I'd expect you should be able to trigger an alarm output on database matches. I'd be curious about the accuracy or the facial recognition.

Reaction score
Thanks Tangent. I'll check into the API. As for the alarm output, it's frustratingly simple. It will do an alarm output when it finds a face, but not specifically when it recognises one from the database.

As for the facial recognition, it's pretty surprisingly accurate considering it's only a 2mp camera. Takes a little fiddling to get the settings right (they aren't intuitive at all) but it picks everyone in our database with 85% certainty and above, even with glasses off and wearing hats.

Last edited:

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As for the facial recognition, it's pretty surprisingly accurate considering it's only a 2mp camera
That is not a question of only the resolution. This is question of pixel per face, so it has a lot factors actually. Lens, apperture, etc.

Last edited:

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
I am playing around with HF8242FP-FR too. I cannot get the camera to display the faces in the sidebar (webinterface). Yes, I have enabled the "Face" button (under, to the left). Anyone any suggestions? I upgraded the firmware to 2.622.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2018-04-14, still no effect.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-15_9-31-42.png
1. Enable Smart plan
2. Enable Interface of FR

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried, but still no succes.

I can see that "face recognition" triggers the alarm. And OSD is counting the number of faces, and on the SD card I can extract the faces, but not showing in the sidebar....

Attachments

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FR counetr = 0. FD is working, but no FR event. MAybe you can try add a face to the library and than try again. My example is not inthe office now, i can not test it.

Devendra

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am working on same FR camera and want to integrate all the Face recognition event in my customized webpage. Is there API that could return me the snapshot of the Face Recognition event along with the data of person recognized?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Roman what Web Service (Plugin) are you using to view on computer? When i try IE it says I must download NACL Web Plug-in and use Chrome