IPC-HFW1435S FTP Password not able to setup

ABPAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
First post in the forum :)
Didn't find any thread for this problem, so if there is one, please just give me a link!
To the subject: I am trying to setup an FTP connection on my Dahua IPC-HFW1435S-W-S2 for snapshot uploads, but every time I enter the credentials and click "test" the password text field loses focus and becomes "***" (just asterisks as text).Why is this happening and how can I setup the FTP credentials properly?
I only have access to the web interface, no physical access or access to any other ports of the camera.

If anyone else had this problem, or similar, please help me with this, I guess it's just some Web UI bug (or maybe it's a feature :) ).
Thanks in advance!

ABPAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Wouldn't think of such solution, why saving it before testing :) It works now, thank you! Now I get a different error message ("FTP server test failure, user read only right."), but I guess this is a server issue now :)

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. Seems that the user not not enough rights to create directories or files.
Check the ftp-log for more details.

ABPAM

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it turned out to be a server issue, as I thought, that's why I haven't written anything after that post. The problem was that the FTP user didn't have the needed permissions to create a directory, which turns out to be the FTP test (the FTP command MKDIR returned false). It's fixed now, can you tell me how to mark the thread as solved? :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's fixed now, can you tell me how to mark the thread as solved? :)
You could edit your thread's title, type ": SOLVED" in all caps at the end of the title; look to top, far right, next to "Watch", click on the drop-down and select "Edit".