IPC-HFW4300S Both cameras at the same time went crazy!

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these cameras. I came home today to find the one on left. (The right one is a HikVision)

I checked Blue Iris settings and found nothing. I powered cycled BI. Still had the crazy images. Then I tried to open both cameras via Internet Explorer. Both said my password was incorrect. One locked me out. I started to get a little nervous. I decided to leave it along and go off to do some other chores. A few hours later, I tried to login to the cameras directly. This time I was able to. Don't know what happen for I used my user/password. The cameras both freaked out. I went straight to the settings and reset to factory settings. The images on the camera's has been normal so far. I only had these for a week!!!!

Any ideas what happen and would cause both cameras to freak out??

Oh i did use two new programs to view the cameras live: Netcam Studio X (in Beta) and IP Camera Viewer 2 I am now wondering if they jacked up these two cameras for they went crazy shortly after I closed these two programs. I will be uninstalling them after I finish updating this post!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you powering the cameras? switch? if so which one? Also if both those programs were pulling a stream as well as BI, you may have overloaded the cam...

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PoE. TP-LINK TL-SG1008PE 8-Port Gigabit PoE Switch. I do recall having both of the programs on plus BI

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why is one picture so wide and the other so narrow? And what is wrong with the picture on the right?

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did a screen capture and didn't capture the entire right image. The issue was with the left image. As Mr Fenderman pointed out, i must have overloaded the two Dahua cameras running multiple streams. The Hikvision handed the streams. All cameras are fully operational now. Thank goodness!

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not digging Dahua at all. They can't handle multiple streams very well. This morning, I setup the FireTV to monitor the cameras. I have two programs (Blue Iris and Milestone) monitoring the cameras. When I fired up the FireTV, the Dahua's wigged out again. The Hiki's have been rock solid. The only way I can get the Dahua's to come back is setting them back to "Default" mode within the camera's firmware. Power cycling does nothing. It's not painful, just annoying. Im tempted just to go ahead and replace them with Hiki's.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can I find instructions on how to do that? Right now the FireTV is using a goggle app. Would I need to use the Blue Iris app?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What app are you using?
ipcamviewer (robert chou) has a direct blue iris option (i have to select blue iris v3 not the h.264), you can even use the camera short name instead of the camera number)...

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using IP Cam Viewer Pro. Amazon's app store does not have ipcamviewer (robert chou).