IPC-HFW4421E-AS Encode setting

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We have 16cameras connected to dahua NVR5216-8P. When I tried to change encode, it shows ailed to get configuration information, any idea for this guys?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what cameras? if they are h265 cams and thats not a 4k model then it might be a problem.. does SmartPSS do same thing?

edit* too stoned to reat the fucking topic, sorry.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do all the channels do it or just that one? might reset it back to defaults.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats the same message I see when trying to do config on a camera configured as onvif/customized:
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 12.36.06 AM.png
but any camera configured as 'private' manufacturer on port 37777 usually works, unless the device dont support whatever feature it is... check your device settings.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
first the NVR, then the camera.. Ive seen devices that have been tweaked to the point where the configs all messed up and stuff stops working as expected, restoring to defaults and setting it up again fixes alot.. its like power cycling a device to see if the problem goes away, good first thing to try just to make sure its not that easy.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this problem with a few of these NVR's during the day when a lot of recording is ongoing, I believed it to be at the time a network issue or the nvr's processor cannot handle the load of recording and administering at the same time. It is hit and miss with this issue. Once it starts, I cannot get access to any of the cameras. I usually just wait and will try it after hours and yes a reset will usually fix the issue. If it was a onvif issue in my case it should do it all the time but it does not do it all the time. These systems I remote in through the web gui. Sometimes if i push it it will lock me out and I will need to take a road trip to do a reset because I have lost all access to the administration side of the nvr. Its annoying as hell sometimes. I got called early this week to go on site because of police activity needed to see some video. The client was using smart pss and lost access to the admin side and this was on site. WTF, One thing I have noticed is that certain PC's that have lower specs will cause this issue hands down when using smart pss and the web gui. Not sure wats going on but When Im home at the mothership I have 3 of these and it has never happened. I think it might be buggy firmware that is reacting to a busy network or a slow computer on the client side. Another thing that creates this issue is when you are trying to view video, the nvr will hang and lock out the admin side. When I go on site and check the nvr, it is still recording fine but has for some reason frozen the admin side and a reboot will fix this, the log shows no errors other that the account is still logged on.

Last edited: