IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E daylight mode

Reaction score
I have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E setup as a LPR, and using dahua sunrise/sunset to control focus. Works OK except some days it still does not focus correctly and for some reason it started staying in B&W during the day time. I thought it was because on the daylight profile it still had the IR set as smart, but when I try to change it to off, it turns it off on the night profile as well. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think whether it says in B/W or color would be controlled in the “Day and Night” section, not the “IR” section.

Regarding it not focusing correctly, maybe (in addition to the DahuaSunriseSunset utility) there’s still a setting on the camera that’s making it refocus? I’d check the Profile Management section and make sure it’s not running on a schedule or set to Day/Night.

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E setup as a LPR, and using dahua sunrise/sunset to control focus. Works OK except some days it still does not focus correctly and for some reason it started staying in B&W during the day time. I thought it was because on the daylight profile it still had the IR set as smart, but when I try to change it to off, it turns it off on the night profile as well. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?
How are you getting plates with these cameras? I have two I was going to put as a LPR going each way but they don't zoom enough. I have them on a mailbox too...
I just send the camera a command every 15 minutes to refocus.
http://admin:xxx@ipaddresss/cgi-bin/devVideoInput.cgi?action=adjustFocus&focus=.x.xxxx&zoom=x.xxxxx

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read the LPR subject area.
Turning off IR, will turn it off in both day and night profiles.
Look in the day/night settings as aristobrat suggested.
If you are still having issues, reset the cam to factory defaults and start over.