IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E - LPR setup - Need Advice on equipment

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
First thing first so I am new and thank you everyone for a great place and site for researching a good camera.

So Upon reading lot of threads and looking results what user posted I decided to get the

IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E camera for LPR purpose.

I currently do not have any camera surveillance except some arlo pro 2 going.

So Since now I got the
IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E from andy I was wondering how should I go for the equipment and make it even future proof in terms of I will be adding some ptz and dome cameras in near future possibly 16 - 24 or even 32.

Buy one by one since it be very expensive to get it at one shot. So Where should I begin ? Should I buy a POE switch and run blue iris with openLPR software to get this lpr going or get the NVR which can support which one is better ? in terms of reliability and customization ?

Thanks and what are the min requirment for A PC to run this kind of setup say maybe with blueiris and openLPR for tagging..

Also since blueiris is on sale here for 49.99 is it a full version ? and if yes PC is a good idea instead of NVR than I will buy the Blueiris right away from here since its on sale.

And possibly a good POE switch soon.

Thank You!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So then is it a good switch apart from being loud ? Because I am thinking of putting it in garage anyways.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For 8 port POE best product i have found is D-LINK DGS‑1008MP
Warning sometimes with brands like Dahua, the consumptions of cameras are wrong my camera 4K 12MP Dahua consumes at startup almost 20 Watts! I had breakdowns and in the end my POE injector was not powerful enough!
Always have power available when I choose an injector I take the total power and I multiply by at least 1.5

BICK