IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 Time Shifts

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
My Dahua Z5 camera has been having problems with the time setting. I use the camera overlay to show the time, and when I first got it last year, had set the camera to DST by date. This isn't my main camera but is used as a license plate reader. At some point I realized that the camera's time had not shifted for DST, because Blue Iris' events would show this camera's events in the wrong day for one hour. So I removed the DST checkbox, synched the camera to the PC, and saved.

This morning I saw where the camera again was off by an hour, and resynched to the PC and saved, and then a little while later it had reverted back to the wrong hour. I resynched again and again it reverted back an hour.

I was using my router's built-in NTP server, and this AM decided to change it to 'pool.ntp.org' on port 123 every 10 minutes, but that doesn't seem to help either.

How do I set this camera's time?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Dahua Z5 camera has been having problems with the time setting. I use the camera overlay to show the time, and when I first got it last year, had set the camera to DST by date. This isn't my main camera but is used as a license plate reader. At some point I realized that the camera's time had not shifted for DST, because Blue Iris' events would show this camera's events in the wrong day for one hour. So I removed the DST checkbox, synched the camera to the PC, and saved.

This morning I saw where the camera again was off by an hour, and resynched to the PC and saved, and then a little while later it had reverted back to the wrong hour. I resynched again and again it reverted back an hour.

I was using my router's built-in NTP server, and this AM decided to change it to 'pool.ntp.org' on port 123 every 10 minutes, but that doesn't seem to help either.

How do I set this camera's time?
it keeps re-syncing to the offset you have set for the timeserver...set the right offset and dst to on..

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. Where do I find the offset? In California I have the Time Zone set to GMT-08:00.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. Where do I find the offset? In California I have the Time Zone set to GMT-08:00.
I mean for you to set the proper "time zone" then enable dst...you have the NTP server box checked, as soon at it syncs with the server again it reverts to -8 but does not account for dst since you disabled it...the dst settings work ensure that you did not accidentally invert the start and end times.