IPC-HFW5241E-Z12 Night settings all screwed up

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera was working great at night until about halfway through winter, I figured it was the salt on the plates, but I think my setting on the camera got messed up. I use the sunrise/sunset app. Looking at the picture any suggestions would be great as I am getting frustrated.I have posted the settings from that pictures.

Attachments

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera was working great at night until about halfway through winter, I figured it was the salt on the plates, but I think my setting on the camera got messed up. I use the sunrise/sunset app. Looking at the picture any suggestions would be great as I am getting frustrated.I have posted the settings from that pictures.

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated settings, clear capture is from a clean yellow plate and the bad one is about 15 mins later on a newer salted covered white NY plate.

Attachments

Reaction score
Dirty plates are always a problem. Make sure your lens is clean. I was having the same issue: the night video was not as good as it was a few months ago. Today I cleaned the lenes on both LPR cams and it is much better.

Your settings are not much different than mine.
LPR-W Night Settings 1-9-21.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes we can't get every plate. That clean yellow plate is very clear! But all of yours are still readable.

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dirty plates are always a problem. Make sure your lens is clean. I was having the same issue: the night video was not as good as it was a few months ago. Today I cleaned the lenes on both LPR cams and it is much better.
Funny as my wife said to clean the lense and I blew her off, I did clean it today.

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes we can't get every plate. That clean yellow plate is very clear! But all of yours are still readable.
True, I guess it’s tough to accept that not every plate is gonna be read, I am impressed with how many poor images it’s gets correct.