IPC-T4831T-ZAS IR problems?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed 8 of these cameras on a clients house yesterday - look how horrible the IR is. Is this correct? I notice some are reflecting off siding - but even the driveway shot is terrible.

client is super unhappy.

anybody have ideas? I clearly can’t leave it like this.

Attachments

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those walls you can see on every picture are killing you. They are overexposed and cause that the rest of the image is obscured.
Try adjusting the angle of the camera if you have room for it, the less wall you get, the better quality you'll have on the rest of the image.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
With reflection off the siding there is no way to improve that. Those cameras need to be moved so they don't see any siding. Note that your driveway picture is the best of the bunch and it has the least amount of siding, IR reflection.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those walls you can see on every picture are killing you. They are overexposed and cause that the rest of the image is obscured.
Try adjusting the angle of the camera if you have room for it, the less wall you get, the better quality you'll have on the rest of the image.
Yes - agreed. But that doesn’t explain the driveway either - driveway on this house is super short.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I cannot find any info on those cams, who makes it? Looks like they are mounted up pretty high.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Dealing with siding when the cam is close like that is challenging for sure, lots of tweeking involved to find a balance, you might have to do it at night. Good luck.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Installed 8 of these cameras on a clients house yesterday - look how horrible the IR is. Is this correct? I notice some are reflecting off siding - but even the driveway shot is terrible.

client is super unhappy.

Actually, the horrible IR reflection problem really doesnt matter. The cameras are mounted so high they wont be much use for ID anyway.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure its not a
IPC-T3841T-ZAS
I cannot find that model you posted about. Could you post a link to it and did you use a mount? More info would be helpful.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually, the horrible IR reflection problem really doesnt matter. The cameras are mounted so high they wont be much use for ID anyway.
Yea I kind of noticed that, Good IR or not if those are zoomed in at night, the picture might be not so good. The trick now is to find that happy medium. I doubt moving them is a option now for him.

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just learned something New-- do not mount too close to siding.
Got to add this to my notes.....

What a good community.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Just learned something New-- do not mount too close to siding.
Got to add this to my notes.....

What a good community.
If you are shooting straight out in the yard, thats 1 thing, If you want to go the length of your building and you have siding, unless you mount it out and away a bit, you will loose some coverage to correct the IR bounce. Its always a good idea to do tests first.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

client is super unhappy.

You're not doing your client any favors by install 8mp cams in the first place.