IPC-T5442T-ZE from Andy question

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I purchased one of these to test and evaluate if it's worth upgrading several of my 5231s. I have two questions, what is the rectangular opening below the lens face and what does the "UP" stamp mean? I know it suggests orientation when installed, but what is the reason why? Thanks!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The "UP" label is so the image is right side up at the time of installation. It can be flipped electronically in the GUI of the camera. For example let's say you have an area that is relatively long but narrow. The "UP" indicator would let you set the ball at 90 degrees from normal fairly accurately, then the image can be electronically rotated to achieve "corridor" or portrait mode. If the view is a normal FV, wider, the up lets you get the image pretty much aligned at the time of installation.

The rectangular opening, with two Philips screws, is an access plate for the SD card slot and the reset button.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The "UP" label is so the image is right side up at the time of installation. It can be flipped electronically in the GUI of the camera. For example let's say you have an area that is relatively long but narrow. The "UP" indicator would let you set the ball at 90 degrees from normal fairly accurately, then the image can be electronically rotated to achieve "corridor" or portrait mode. If the view is a normal FV, wider, the up lets you get the image pretty much aligned at the time of installation.

The rectangular opening, with two Philips screws, is an access plate for the SD card slot and the reset button.
Gotcha on the "UP" indicator. The rectangular opening I'm referring to is not for the SD card, I'm wondering about the much smaller opening.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That smaller rectangular opening is to stick a small screwdriver in to pop the black face off.
Okay, good deal. I'm painting this camera and needed to know if I needed to mask that opening or not. Thanks!