IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware 20201019

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,

This firmware has been released , we put together the latest new baseline with the latest smart IR firmware together. In 2020 we start to do models with our own model No. with Dahua North America team, this can help us get a better firmware and fast working out on the bugs that found, and better warranty service from us directly.

Models List

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS, new stocks will support ePOE.
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-HDW5541TM-ASE
IPC-B5442T-ASE
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-Z4E
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E New firmware add this function (manual focus), can help a lot when camera lose focus when we use this camera as LPR. There has a good explaination below.

IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

Here are the reviews from @Wildcat_1

SMD & SmartIR Findings:

SMD

• SMD is rock solid in my testing, best implementation of this yet and looks like Dahua did adjust code according to feedback provided which has led to a huge improvement. As stated in my video (this video focused on SmartIR) I’ve had dogs, cats, raccoons, deers all be ignored and only People & Vehicles captured correctly.
  • As I also mention in my video, if you are still seeing issues with SMD then definitely check out your configuration and also please re-read my statement I shared before about how sensitivity has been programmed by Dahua for SMD. Specifically REMEMBER: SMD at Low Sensitivity actually instead operates as Low Threshold which is very different. Therefore if SMD is not identifying enough targets then choose LOW, if its picking up too many targets (incorrect targets) then MED or HIGH

SmartIR
  • SmartIR still needs work. There are improvements over 9/3 FW but still more needs to be done. Specifically NEAR IR is the issue and needs to be reduced further as FAR IR adjusts perfectly. Take a look as I walk up to camera in the video and you will see that in almost all cases FAR IR is about spot on, NEAR however never adjusts anywhere as close to the same amount especially when the target is center of cam but at an angle. I’ve fed this back to Dahua & Andy, pointed to code and will also link them to the video

Other Notes:
  1. Quicker IR response seen on screen and adjustments in code within this version
  2. When scene has additional light (background for example) the camera does a better job of balancing visible to IR within the scene. Checkout 5m mark and you will see that the floods (2x250w) in the background get kicked down (camera adjustment) as IR attempts to balance foreground subject against huge background brightness and does it well
  3. In IR only mode, fixed exposure, specifically 1/60 has received the most tweaks but only by a small amount over others such as 1/100 and 1/120
  4. When you add a front only light (1x 60w bulb in this case) the fixed exposure of 1/100 or exposure range of 1/60 to 1/100 shows ‘slightly’ better IR response (speed) from previous FW
  5. 1/60 to 1/20 exposure range has also improved when foreground / visible light on target is applied but again just marginally

Summary

The 10-19 FW represents the best release so far in my testing. That is not to say its perfect by any means and the SmartIR issue needs to be fixed in the next release for sure. However, the work that has been completed on the SMD algorithm's here represent a huge difference (positive) over previous releases and the camera also is slightly more snappy, responsive when triggering IVS rules in this version as well.

Lastly, one of the other HUGE benefits that I don't want people to lose sight of here is the addition of manual focus to the 5241-Z12 (also runs VOLT chipset) as part of this FW release that I mentioned HERE (check it out). This is something people have been asking for since the 5231 soft focus issues and really is a game changer. I've tested this and it works really well. Being able to tie to profile is also a bonus.

So while this FW is not perfect yet for the 5442, it has come a long way, brought unexpected benefits (looking at you 5241) and I believe with more work by Dahua on SmartIR specifically, that the next version could be spot on

Testing video can refer to this link

Attachments

Last edited:

kazibole

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Andy and gang for all the hard work!

Is it recommended to perform a "default" after updating to this firmware?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All,

This firmware has been released , we put together the latest new baseline with the latest smart IR firmware together. In 2020 we start to do models with our own model No. with Dahua North America team, this can help us get a better firmware and fast working out on the bugs that found, and better warranty service from us directly.

Models List

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-HDW5541TM-ASE
IPC-B5442T-ASE
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-Z4E
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E New firmware add this function (manual focus), can help a lot when camera lose focus when we use this camera as LPR. There has a good explaination below.

IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

SMD & SmartIR Findings:

SMD

• SMD is rock solid in my testing, best implementation of this yet and looks like Dahua did adjust code according to feedback provided which has led to a huge improvement. As stated in my video (this video focused on SmartIR) I’ve had dogs, cats, raccoons, deers all be ignored and only People & Vehicles captured correctly.
  • As I also mention in my video, if you are still seeing issues with SMD then definitely check out your configuration and also please re-read my statement I shared before about how sensitivity has been programmed by Dahua for SMD. Specifically REMEMBER: SMD at Low Sensitivity actually instead operates as Low Threshold which is very different. Therefore if SMD is not identifying enough targets then choose LOW, if its picking up too many targets (incorrect targets) then MED or HIGH

SmartIR
  • SmartIR still needs work. There are improvements over 9/3 FW but still more needs to be done. Specifically NEAR IR is the issue and needs to be reduced further as FAR IR adjusts perfectly. Take a look as I walk up to camera in the video and you will see that in almost all cases FAR IR is about spot on, NEAR however never adjusts anywhere as close to the same amount especially when the target is center of cam but at an angle. I’ve fed this back to Dahua & Andy, pointed to code and will also link them to the video

Other Notes:
  1. Quicker IR response seen on screen and adjustments in code within this version
  2. When scene has additional light (background for example) the camera does a better job of balancing visible to IR within the scene. Checkout 5m mark and you will see that the floods (2x250w) in the background get kicked down (camera adjustment) as IR attempts to balance foreground subject against huge background brightness and does it well
  3. In IR only mode, fixed exposure, specifically 1/60 has received the most tweaks but only by a small amount over others such as 1/100 and 1/120
  4. When you add a front only light (1x 60w bulb in this case) the fixed exposure of 1/100 or exposure range of 1/60 to 1/100 shows ‘slightly’ better IR response (speed) from previous FW
  5. 1/60 to 1/20 exposure range has also improved when foreground / visible light on target is applied but again just marginally

Summary

The 10-19 FW represents the best release so far in my testing. That is not to say its perfect by any means and the SmartIR issue needs to be fixed in the next release for sure. However, the work that has been completed on the SMD algorithm's here represent a huge difference (positive) over previous releases and the camera also is slightly more snappy, responsive when triggering IVS rules in this version as well.

Lastly, one of the other HUGE benefits that I don't want people to lose sight of here is the addition of manual focus to the 5241-Z12 (also runs VOLT chipset) as part of this FW release that I mentioned HERE (check it out). This is something people have been asking for since the 5231 soft focus issues and really is a game changer. I've tested this and it works really well. Being able to tie to profile is also a bonus.

So while this FW is not perfect yet for the 5442, it has come a long way, brought unexpected benefits (looking at you 5241) and I believe with more work by Dahua on SmartIR specifically, that the next version could be spot on

any chance of an .crc -sha check sum ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Models List

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-HDW5541TM-ASE
IPC-B5442T-ASE
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-Z4E
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E

IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

SMD & SmartIR Findings:

SMD

SmartIR

Other Notes:

Summary

Anyone else not able to read the DOC file with the IR instructions?

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

Do you also have the Logo version of this firmware? Thanks in advance.

And thanks with big thumbs up, for the great support to everyone who helped getting this version up.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can read it but there is no explanation. Here is a grab.
View attachment 73790
Great.

@EMPIRETECANDY Is this step (The instruction of adjust the IR exposure during night.doc) mandatory for those who have SmartIR enabled with B/W?
I don't usually have backlight on for night captures so was curious :D . Also, SMD is definitely an improvement :D

Reaction score
I updated my IPC-T5442TM-AS a few days ago but I have a problem. I have three Tripwire rules which should send me an email with screenshot once triggered. The mail works fine but the attachment is missing in 80%. On the last firmware this worked very well.
Does someone else also have this bug and is there a possibility to fix it?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I updated my IPC-T5442TM-AS a few days ago but I have a problem. I have three Tripwire rules which should send me an email with screenshot once triggered. The mail works fine but the attachment is missing in 80%. On the last firmware this worked very well.
Does someone else also have this bug and is there a possibility to fix it?
Have U set the camera back to defaults after the update?

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY, any word on when Dahua will include the Backup function in Edge or Chrome? It only appears in Internet explorer currently and missing in all other browsers. Thanks!!

Mlda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Is this the most recent best firmware for IPC-T5442TM-AS, not considering the updates for Smart IR issues?

If I have an ancient firmware can I just move to this one without flashing any intermediate fw versions?

Thanks.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn’t upgrade to the latest one since the general advise seems to be to not touch it if it ain’t broke. Problem with that is we end up on a very old firmware and when the time does come to upgrade (maybe a new feature or improvement fix) then we are left scrambling trying to figure out what intermediate firmware we need prior to upgrading. I wonder if there’s a URL that explains the min requirements for each firmware.