IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I will get more testing on the IVS and collect the informamtion here and report to dahua.
SMD3.0 will keep updating.
For the firmware, dahua put too many cams on one fw, but we DIY different range cams with different fws, so later i will post the 4K fw on a different topic.
Sure the dual sensor latest new one that @Wildcat_1 review, use another fw.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm currently running 2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25 on two 5442's. I have my main stream encoding on H.265 on both of them. I use Home Assistant and I like to have the camera stream there too. But Home Assistant doesn't support H.265 (I'm not sure if it's a limitation of Home Assistant or just the web browser). My workaround has been to enable Sub Stream 2 encoding in H.264.

Here's the problem. After a few days both cameras automatically change the encode mode on sub stream 2 to H.265. Has anybody else noticed this bug? It does this no matter how I change the setting. Same result whether I do it from my NVR or from the camera webpage. Works fine for a few days and then just automatically changes back. The bit rate changes with it too. Has anybody else run into this?
Generally when you see a cam setting change ‘by itself’ it can be tied to an upstream issue (NVR, NVR platform etc) causing it. If you disconnect from Home Assistant and switch to h264, leave it, do you see it change again ?

Also make sure (if not doing it already) all camera configs are completed through the web GUI of the cam using IE. Either way if upstreaming through Home Assistant when configuring with web GUI, isolate by disconnecting from HA and see if that keeps the setting first.

If all else fails and you still see the issue then try a factory reset and reflash.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
** WARNING ** I wanted to list another issue I've found (now able to repeat on demand) with the 08/28 FW that as I mentioned above DO NOT INSTALL. Specifically if you try and flash back from this to an earlier version it will put the cam into a locked state. Specifically although boot loader appears intact you cannot access the camera at all. Luckily it appears that a factory reset will let you boot back into the cam and then IF you do a downgrade immediately you should be good. @EMPIRETECANDY my recommendation again is NOT to distribute the 21-08-28 FW and have Dahua look into this as I mentioned. Thanks
WOW
I've missed that one.... good thing that I was waiting with reverting the FW.
I got the 0828 FW from Andy at 09/22 and tested it on 9 cams all together (upgraded more and more cams before I found out the problematic IVS).

now, "you cannot access the camera at all. Luckily it appears that a factory reset will let you boot back into the cam ..." I guess I've lost you in here:
If I cannot access the camera at all, how do I do the factory reset?

Looks like I've got a BIG problem in here with 9 cams. Can I ask for further explanations about reverting safely? should I wait for the Sep FW to be ready?

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
now, "you cannot access the camera at all. Luckily it appears that a factory reset will let you boot back into the cam ..." I guess I've lost you in here:
@ArnonZ, I believe you would have to take the camera down and press the physical reset button near the SD slot.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
It should always be possible to revert with TTL interface... only if they lock the bootloader to prevent you from doing it, then you should be not able to downgrade. I dont think this is the case here. Only hikvision is doing this bullshit

I always go to factory reset after up/downgrading. I still have one dahua camera which always reset to some 2 years old settings when rebooting.. this problem was there after update. Its also impossible to import settings which i downloaded a few sec before. After factory should be fine, but i dont have physical access...

Yep and thats the reason why you should never update without having phyiscal access.. if the camera is mounted somewhere where you cant have easy access to the device itself, do not update.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@ArnonZ, I believe you would have to take the camera down and press the physical reset button near the SD slot.
1. I was hoping not to hear that because it gonna be a big pain to climb to each camera in order to press the button.
2. The only power source I'm using is my NVR. I do not use a separate POE switch to use and I'm not too sure it'll work.
3. TTL? I sure hope we are not there yet.... TTL would really the last resort.
4. @Wildcat_1 was suggested that the problem would be to revert the FW. I sure hope that (UP)grading the firmware would be by the normal routine cause that would really be the easy straightforward way.
5. I did not yet try to revert or bricked anything. The 2808 FW is far from perfect and need to be changed but it's working and it's not the end of the world to wait for a newer FW.
6. Waiting to hear from @EMPIRETECANDY or @Wildcat_1 about a new FW or an easier way to change the FW still hoping for #4 solution.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
WOW
I've missed that one.... good thing that I was waiting with reverting the FW.
I got the 0828 FW from Andy at 09/22 and tested it on 9 cams all together (upgraded more and more cams before I found out the problematic IVS).

Looks like I've got a BIG problem in here with 9 cams. Can I ask for further explanations about reverting safely? should I wait for the Sep FW to be ready?
You factory reset from the cam directly (the HW reset button). Therefore if you have upgraded to 08/28 either wait for September release (already reported the issue to Dahua) OR if you do downgrade be prepared that although the FW will be loaded you cannot access the cam via IP or config tool until you reset using the physical HW reset button.
HTH

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will get more testing on the IVS and collect the informamtion here and report to dahua.
SMD3.0 will keep updating.
For the firmware, dahua put too many cams on one fw, but we DIY different range cams with different fws, so later i will post the 4K fw on a different topic.
Sure the dual sensor latest new one that @Wildcat_1 review, use another fw.
I have one 5442 on the 7/29 firmware.
I have reverted 4 other 5442's back to the 12/03/20 firmware, because of this.
The 7/29 firmware miss's IVS triggers 5-10 times per day out of on average of 150-200 cars and people passing by per day.
It will miss those triggers with either Tripwires or Intrusion. And there is really no reason that is obvious why those miss's occur.
I have two other cameras covering the same general area, and can confirm the missed alerts with the 7/29 firmware.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one 5442 on the 7/29 firmware.
I have reverted 4 other 5442's back to the 12/30/20 firmware, because of this.
The 7/29 firmware miss's IVS triggers 5-10 times per day out of on average of 150-200 cars and people passing by per day.
It will miss those triggers with either Tripwires or Intrusion. And there is really no reason that is obvious why those miss's occur.
I have two other cameras covering the same general area, and can confirm the missed alerts with the 7/29 firmware.
Just don’t put 08/28 on ;)

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You factory reset from the cam directly (the HW reset button). Therefore if you have upgraded to 08/28 either wait for September release (already reported the issue to Dahua) OR if you do downgrade be prepared that although the FW will be loaded you cannot access the cam via IP or config tool until you reset using the physical HW reset button.
HTH
Thanks @Wildcat_1

1. So we hope and believe that the (up)grade, unlike the (down)grade should work. if it would, it's gonna be the easy and straightforward way to go.
pressing the button takes not only ladder, it's also repositioning the T-ZE cams cause I'd probably won't have access to the cover without moving the cam..
not the end of the world, but the other way takes only days/weeks of waiting, I'd rather wait.
** it'll take some time to wait cause till Oct. 8th everyone in China is on holiday and there would not be even any progress by then.
2. Just for the curiosity, the older FW is loaded and the hard reset while power is on would initiate the install and reboot to the older FW?
3. I have mentioned before that I didn't even try the 7/29 FW cause I already heard from a friend that the IVS problem is not solved there.
@looney2ns is not the only one claiming that the problem exist with the Jul FW. that thread is full of complaints and I also have some in private.
4. @looney2ns : if you want to play with hard reset, you do not need to install the 2808 FW, you are welcome here. I did half of the job.... ;-)

Adding everything together for the sake of others : if IVS is the most important feature for you, the Dec FW is the last stable and actually doing a great job. do not try the 2021 FW's
Otherwise, you may try the Jul FW or even May FW BUT whatever you do, skip the 2808 FW and delete it if you got it somehow.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Where can I find the 30/12 firmware? All I have is the 03/12 which I got from Andys other 5442 firmware thread.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where can I find the 30/12 firmware? All I have is the 03/12 which I got from Andys other 5442 firmware thread.
For all I know, there is only 03122020 there must have been a typo somewhere.
The 12/03 is the most recommended if you use IVS for security

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It is reversed day/month than what you are used to, that is the December 3rd 2020 version LOL.
I understand that, give me some credit

I was looking for version 20201220 which some posts have mentioned but I now see that the file I have also mentions 2020-12-20 thanks to looneys screenshot. I’ll take another look when I’m next on my laptop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm currently running 2.820.15OG001.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-25 on two 5442's. I have my main stream encoding on H.265 on both of them. I use Home Assistant and I like to have the camera stream there too. But Home Assistant doesn't support H.265 (I'm not sure if it's a limitation of Home Assistant or just the web browser). My workaround has been to enable Sub Stream 2 encoding in H.264.
No problem here with H.265. Did you use this integration? GitHub - rroller/dahua: Dahua Camera and Doorbell Home Assistant Integration

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking for version 20211220 which some posts have mentioned but I now see that the file I have also mentions 2021-12-20 thanks to looneys screenshot. I’ll take another look when I’m next on my laptop.
So there is a December 20th, 2021 version out there and we are only in October of 2021 :lmao::rofl:

Last edited: