IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd let you all know the results the soon as I have any.
I was changing 8 cams to the new FW.
So far it looks like it's working okay (though it's too soon to really say something)

What I can already say is that all cams were on schdule (night/day) and none of them changed to night.
maybe the auto works, I wouldn't know I know that I was using the schedule since I cannot use the nice script (I'm suing an NVR and the script cannot change day-night)

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was changing 8 cams to the new FW.
So far it looks like it's working okay (though it's too soon to really say something)

What I can already say is that all cams were on schdule (night/day) and none of them changed to night.
maybe the auto works, I wouldn't know I know that I was using the schedule since I cannot use the nice script (I'm suing an NVR and the script cannot change day-night)
Looking forward to the night results with IR. Are you using intrusion boxes or trip wires?
Here is the excerpt from Dahua Web 3.0 Op manual. There are a lot of stipulations on weather it will trigger.
1632332405857.png

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's too early to say something but so far so good.
I cannot yes confirm that the problem is solved (because also before it was working okay most times), but so far it looks promising.
I did se some of the features mentioned by Andy's table but I do not test then now.
spoiler: to use the object detection feature you'll need to change your smart plan to become object detection (but as mentioned , you can use schedule to change from IVS to OD for example.

Night time: I was even testing also at 4am. Ran some test in day time, night time and low light night time.
Naked test: I'd leave that one for handinpalm. I do not do such test without a full permission of the neighborhood nor with permission.
Moreover, I do not expect the intruders to be naked - call it dressing code but they normally come fully dressed.

I can now confirm that the change of day/night does not take place from day to night and also from night to day when "schedule" is chosen.
Meanwhile I've changed it to auto (day/night) hoping that something has changed there (it's about time it'll be fixed).

Has for the mosquitos, handinpalm finally convinced me to prefer my property to be mosquito free.

More updates to come but so far it looks promising.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Today's news is less pleasing:
The family dog was caught on two tripwires (evening - IR). That's something that didn't use to happen with the Dec FW.
Another strange thing is that it took 3 seconds for the false alarm to set off => three seconds after passing the wires, when the dog was far away, I could see a red box around the dog plus two red tripwires.

Last night, I was testing a different camera and the IVS alert was ignored.

Those are the two problems I had with the May FW.
I keep testing for now, hoping it was a rare occasion but it looks more and more like the other two 2021 FW.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy,

So far my testing is going good, I like the the new settings added to IVS

View attachment 102668
View attachment 102669
Yes this was first introduced when they updated Volt FW for the color 4K as I showed in that video but the granularity and extra options such as ‘inside’ and sensitivity are a great bonus for all Volt based cams

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Today's news is less pleasing:
The family dog was caught on two tripwires (evening - IR). That's something that didn't use to happen with the Dec FW.
Another strange thing is that it took 3 seconds for the false alarm to set off => three seconds after passing the wires, when the dog was far away, I could see a red box around the dog plus two red tripwires.

Last night, I was testing a different camera and the IVS alert was ignored.

Those are the two problems I had with the May FW.
I keep testing for now, hoping it was a rare occasion but it looks more and more like the other two 2021 FW.
@ArnonZ can you send me the build date on your cams ? Thanks

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes this was first introduced when they updated Volt FW for the color 4K as I showed in that video but the granularity and extra options such as ‘inside’ and sensitivity are a great bonus for all Volt based cams
First, the build date: I am talking about the 28-08-2021 FW that I got from Andy. As I felt more and more comfortable with it, I changed 8 5442 cams (4X T-ZE and 4X E-ZE).
Since writing the last post, it happened again (the dog episode). I cannot say I remember if the May FW made problems only at night time, but all of the false positives and false negatives I mentioned with that FW happened at night time (IR light).
The May FW was also working okay most of the time but I got used to having it close to 100% by the Dec FW and that's how it should and can perform.

Funny you've mentioned the color 4K in here cause both me and my sister have that cam and suffering from the same problem:
My dog was the first two IVS tripwire catches of my color 4K. my sister was happy to find that her dog was caught by the IVS but I'm afraid that for others, it's not a feature - it's a bug.
My sister also suffers from many false alarms but cats.
Since it also happens with the color 4K cam, it looks like it's got nothing to do with the darkness nor night time nor smart IR (that the current version 28-08-2021 does not have anyway).
I tend to blame the SMD 3.0 because since it was introduced, the SMD did not become reliable, the IVS got screwed.

I'll keep testing and updating but eventually, I'll have to revert to Dec 2020 firmware.
For the 5442 cams, it least I have the old FW to revert to. With the color 4K I'm screwed.
Having said that, I must also say that both me and my sister just changed to the 08-09-2021 FW (for the color 4K cams) so I cannot say for sure if that version also suffers from IVS problems but I tend to think it does. We'd still have to wait to see if the problem also exist with the current FW

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, we will release this version with smart IR in Oct.
Andy,

I found a bug with V2.840.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2021-08-28. If you login and logout of the camera some Conditions setting looks to be changing (see screenshots below). This is happening only to my two IPC-T5442T-ZE that I am testing, does not happen to the one IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm that I am testing.

Login Normal image
1632660977287.png

Logout and log back in image is darker. If you logout and log back in the image goes back the first screenshot.
1632661123733.png

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found a bug with V2.840.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2021-08-28. If you login and logout of the camera some Conditions setting looks to be changing (see screenshots below). This is happening only to my two IPC-T5442T-ZE that I am testing, does not happen to the one IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm that I am testing.
I'm using 4 cams of the T-ZE plus 4 E-ZE
If you cannot point to the settings that were changed, there is nothing we can really help you by looking at those screenshots.
If you are using WDR, try to check if it has changed.
My guess would be a change from day to night. I did mention that the schedule settings do not work anymore and I do have a problem with all of the day/night options.
since I'm running an NVR, I cannot use the automatic script to change day/night.
Anyway, try to check if the difference between your dark and bright states is day and night settings that are changing unexpectedly

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using 4 cams of the T-ZE plus 4 E-ZE
If you cannot point to the settings that were changed, there is nothing we can really help you by looking at those screenshots.
If you are using WDR, try to check if it has changed.
My guess would be a change from day to night. I did mention that the schedule settings do not work anymore and I do have a problem with all of the day/night options.
since I'm running an NVR, I cannot use the automatic script to change day/night.
Anyway, try to check if the difference between your dark and bright states is day and night settings that are changing unexpectedly
I did look at all the settings and can not find any of them changing, just the Image is changing.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy,

Login Normal image
View attachment 102871

Logout and log back in image is darker. If you logout and log back in the image goes back the first screenshot.
View attachment 102872
I did some more research and from what I can tell it is the backlight settings that are being turned off. On both cameras I had the backlights set to WDR 1, I changed the setting to 2 and saved then logout and in, changed back to 1 and saved then logout and in now the issues is gone.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy,

There is an another Backlight setting bug. If you turn on WDR and create the first IVS rule and save this also turns off the Backlight. I seen this bug on all previous versions.