IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i tested the smd 3.0 firmware and ivs does not work anymore. sometimes yes, sometimes no.
sadly there is no firmware with working IVS, 2D/3D NR toggle and smart IR

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
At least always "bench" test them. Hook them all up prior to permanent mounting to check functions.
How do you bench test them?
While the cameras and NVR were on my desk I just checked I can see image from both cameras.
Before mounting will check again the position is good, guessing will do the complex configuration after they are mounted (so many feature that I don't know... need to read about IVS PSS and all other 3 letter acronyms)

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have 0709 version and experience missed events in SMD.
It can detect a person walking 90 feet away but then it misses a person walking across the frame 25 feet away, getting in the car and driving off. :idk:
So far no false positive triggers at all. Maybe they need an option to bump up sensitivity or add option to lower confidence level in the settings.
I think it is easier to go trough 3-4 false triggers a day vs scanning timeline for missed events.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do you bench test them?
While the cameras and NVR were on my desk I just checked I can see image from both cameras.
Before mounting will check again the position is good, guessing will do the complex configuration after they are mounted (so many feature that I don't know... need to read about IVS PSS and all other 3 letter acronyms)
Bench test or Desk Test, both perform the same functions. ;)
You've already did it.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had tested this firmware at my place and I don't recall having much issue with false alerts. I upgraded 3 cameras at another location, and they seem to be having more issues with false alerts on IVS Intrusion than previously.

I think I"ll go back to the December 2020 version for now, and wait until there is a future update as IVS AI seems to have gone backwards on this version.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try the firmware on the 1st page, the 0729 one is the latest new one, with the best smart IR.
We will do some new update in Nov.
Any updates about the November release?
I'm still running 8 cams on 280821 FW. I took @Wildcat_1 advise and didn't try to downgrade them since it takes climbing in order to do a hard reset.
So I was and still am waiting to try the November upgrade

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Any updates about the November release?
I'm still running 8 cams on 280821 FW. I took @Wildcat_1 advise and didn't try to downgrade them since it takes climbing in order to do a hard reset.
So I was and still am waiting to try the November upgrade
I'm testing a late September release on the ability to upgrade then downgrade (not what that release was built for but am testing against that specific workflow) to get away from the bricking issue while we await November. The branch code update is expected soon. I think with holidays etc Dahua has been impacted in the area of FW focus BUT I hope to have something in the next 2 weeks to test

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need some help. I own many Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras. Where do you actually find posted firmware for Andy's cameras? When I search these forums, it turns up nothing. I tried both "links" on the first post of this thread. They open Word documents with links that don't work for me.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try here for the 12/3/20 release which is the best firmware to date, based on general consensus with the best IVS detection.

There's a download button on that page for it.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm testing a late September release on the ability to upgrade then downgrade (not what that release was built for but am testing against that specific workflow) to get away from the bricking issue while we await November. The branch code update is expected soon. I think with holidays etc Dahua has been impacted in the area of FW focus BUT I hope to have something in the next 2 weeks to test
Thank you @Wildcat_1
I'm using the worst firmware currently so I really do not mind to test the early relase of the next FW but that way or another, I'd have to wait for the coming FW.

@XrayDoc88 : I do agree with @JesseSR . The Dec. 2020 is the best FW according to many of us. At least, in terms of the IVS performance.
With ALL other FW I've tested, I got false alarms as well as miss events here and there but using the Dec 2020 FW, I did consider using siren for night time IVS events as there were almost no false alarms.

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the firmware link. I don't currently use IVS. I guess I've been lazy setting it up. If you record your cameras 24/7, like I do, is IVS all that important? How do people like to setup IVS so that it is beneficial to use?

Reaction score
Thanks for the firmware link. I don't currently use IVS. I guess I've been lazy setting it up. If you record your cameras 24/7, like I do, is IVS all that important? How do people like to setup IVS so that it is beneficial to use?
I record 24/7 also, but IVS alerts me to intrusions on my property in realtime on my phone. That way I don't have to scroll through hours of video to determine if/when something happened.

Perfect example, 2 weeks ago at 4:40am I had 2 scumbags looking in my car that was parked in my driveway in front of my house. They also checked 3 other neighbors cars.

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I find that I have to set the IVS trigger camera to "Clone Master" in BI, for reliable triggers. Even though the camera is not cloned. I am using BI ver 5.4.5.3.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find that I have to set the IVS trigger camera to "Clone Master" in BI, for reliable triggers. Even though the camera is not cloned. I am using BI ver 5.4.5.3.
Yep I noticed that as well with one of the updates back before that version. I run many clones and alerts broke at some point with an update and that is what I saw as well. So I had to change the clone being the IVS trigger to the master.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Think of 24/7 as your safety net, you’re recording everything, BUT IVS/SMD and other AI functions (depending on camera model) is the critical way to hone your search down to key events, targets and associated metadata when doing reviews of your acquired footage in relation to an activity in an area.

HTH, reach out with any questions

Hans007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi all, it looks like the "new" file is no longer to be found at Dropbox the file 0729, and also what is the different between 0729 and 202105* file?

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 of these Andy cams. One is 2020-12-03 and the other 2020-10-19. Upgrade the older to the Dec FW? Or wait for the better one?

mewop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a HFWT5442E-Z4E I am trying to update the 2.800 firmware on. I have tried using web UI but it seems to hang and show no progress bar even after two hours. I have tried several browsers and two different PC. I next tried the ConfigTool - It uploads to 6%, hangs, then tells me the device is offline. The connection is rock solid PoE ethernet - it NEVER drops from BI nor if directly logged in. Is there some other method I need to try?

Housetoys

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any update on when the new firmware for the 5442 will be released? I have 19 cameras running Dec 2020 firmware but require working smart IR (while keeping good working IVS).