IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Curious about when the new release is coming out as well. Seem the Dec 2020 is STILL the best one for IVS and the ones that have come out in 2021 are bad for IVS unfortunately.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Me also dark nights are in and the smack rats are out.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We get a newer verison for this series cams, Anyone want to try, just contact me, IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.11.R.21110

This one not have smart IR.
Very frustrating to see that Dahua seems to be unable to release new firmware with both "better" AI IVS, SMD, etc...and a working Smart IR function. What gives?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Very frustrating to see that Dahua seems to be unable to release new firmware with both "better" AI IVS, SMD, etc...and a working Smart IR function. What gives?
There has a little change on the hardware for the 2021 products, so the best fw some are Dec. 2020, but 2021 new lots can work bit better with the new fw.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
H
There has a little change on the hardware for the 2021 products, so the best fw some are Dec. 2020, but 2021 new lots can work bit better with the new fw.
Hmm...I'm afraid that raises even more questions for me. I just bought three of the 5442 series cameras during the Christmas Sale about a week ago (one fixed 2.8mm, one fixed 3.6mm, one variable zoom ZE). I presume those would likely be 2021 production (I haven't even had time to unbox them yet): would that mean I want to use this just released (beta) firmware? Or, should I move back to the late 2020 version with working Smart IR, as that feature seems important for my use case scenario?

Hans007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy), Can see that Dahua has a firmware from July 2021 (DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.820.0000000.5.R.210705 ) any info on when we can get this for our cameras?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
H

Hmm...I'm afraid that raises even more questions for me. I just bought three of the 5442 series cameras during the Christmas Sale about a week ago (one fixed 2.8mm, one fixed 3.6mm, one variable zoom ZE). I presume those would likely be 2021 production (I haven't even had time to unbox them yet): would that mean I want to use this just released (beta) firmware? Or, should I move back to the late 2020 version with working Smart IR, as that feature seems important for my use case scenario?
Use the firmware i posted on the 1st page.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We get a newer verison for this series cams, Anyone want to try, just contact me, IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.11.R.21110
Thank you Andy,
I'm currently using the 280821 FW. It could not be DOWNgraded without hard reset so I was waiting for an upgrade.
Would the new FW enable me to UPgrade without the need to climb to the camera for a hard reset?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A short report on the new firmware.

I installed it on a 5442T-AS from the first batch that were released. While that camera has good video it's never been as good as the newer hardware versions. This firmware made a definite improvement IMHO. It's much sharper now, not as "soft". It did take some time tuning compensation, gain, noise reduction, brightness, contrast and exposure as well which would indicate to me, that something changed in video processing.

I have never used SMD and really haven't done a lot of testing with SMD on this camera. I did disable IVS and went to motion detection. So far it has not performed very well for me. I'll be switching back to IVS on it and see how that goes.

Housetoys

n3wb
Reaction score
With 5442 cameras is there a way to determine if the hardware is the 2021 version? I have 19 cameras purchased from Andy during 2021 and have them all loaded with Dec 2020 firmware. My understanding is that the 2021 hardware works better with the July 2021 or new beta 2110 version. I use IVS and would like to use smart IR on a couple units.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With 5442 cameras is there a way to determine if the hardware is the 2021 version? I have 19 cameras purchased from Andy during 2021 and have them all loaded with Dec 2020 firmware. My understanding is that the 2021 hardware works better with the July 2021 or new beta 2110 version. I use IVS and would like to use smart IR on a couple units.
I have not seen a Mfgr date code on any Dahua cameras or through the camera GUI. Sure wish they would mark it on the cameras, since there are hardware differences on different vintages. It could be encoded in the S/N, but not easy to decipher. I have looked at s/n from 2 year old and new cameras, and cannot glean anything that is somewhat similar. Maybe Andy could shed some light.

Last edited:

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

This one not have smart IR.
Thanks Andy
I will give the new firmware a go. It will give me something to do rather than cleaning up the Christmas & Boxing day rubbish!

cybernetics1d

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @sebastiantombs, on this latest firmware, does IVS with Person/Vehicle filtering detection always work as expected? Even at night time? Also, not sure if you seen or experienced this issue before, but is the choppy or stuttering every couple of seconds during liveview resolved with this latest firmware? I'm not sure if others have tried this latest firmware, but currently I'm using May 2021 firmware and beside the choppy liveview, I'm noticing occasionally IVS does not work 100% during nighttime. I've seen this issue a couple of weeks back and was able to fix this by disable IVS altogether, then re-enabling it and re-draw the tripwire rules. But today just noticed it failed to trigger when Amazon delivery gal stopped by a couple of hours ago. I'm debating if II should stick to my existing firmware or try this latest firmware.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still on Dec 2020 firmware (IVS is great and I think everyone's favorite firmware). So wondering what better/improved/fixed with this newest firmware versus Dec 2020?