IPC-T5442T-ZE mic audio problem

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an IPC-T5442T-ZE that I bought at the end of 2020 that I didn't end up using right away. I recently set it up but have a problem with the audio quality. It is very noisy and distorted to the point I am unable to understand any talking in front of the camera. I have updated the firmware to V2.840.15OG008.0.R and tried different audio settings from the web ui with no change. My IPC-T5442TM-AS and four IPC-T2431T-AS cameras have perfectly adequate sound. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the noise filter? Is there any situation where it helps? In my limited experience, "noise filter" could be better labeled "Make audio unintelligible".

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
I tired with noise filter both on and off. The sound was the same (terrible) before and after firmware updrade but I will try resetting to default settings to see if that helps. Ill see if i can upload a clip.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if you have audio on another similar camera does it sound like that?
There are Windows PC settings as well for volume, whether is via HDMI or the onboard audio output.
Sounds like theres plastic over the mic almost.

Blake13

n3wb
Reaction score
I will check the mic port and swap cameras to rule out wiring when i get out there Monday. Based on how the data travels on cat5, would it actually be possible for the video to be transfered correctly but only not the audio?

78suited

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will check the mic port and swap cameras to rule out wiring when i get out there Monday. Based on how the data travels on cat5, would it actually be possible for the video to be transfered correctly but only not the audio?
I don't think so, but just to be sure...that's what I would do to rule things out

78suited

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe try an older firmware? If that doesn’t change a thing I think it is broken….