IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, have just received new cam (via amazon), initialized and set up, but cannot configure smtp without it failing.
Tried every which way to set up the smtp to enable sending emails, fails every time. Have tried gmail, outlook, yahoo, different configs, all fail.
No matter what I do, soon as I click either save or test, the password field replaces password and fills with masks and fails.
Help would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the camera plugged into the PoE port of an NVR?

If so, it cant communicate out. Set email info on the NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm. I know on Gmail you have to login to the account and allow 'less secure apps"....

Im having a similar issue staying with Mom and Comcast not letting my email out from the NVR... tried 465 SSL and 587 and still wont send just get Test Failed...

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm. I know on Gmail you have to login to the account and allow 'less secure apps"....

Im having a similar issue staying with Mom and Comcast not letting my email out from the NVR... tried 465 SSL and 587 and still wont send just get Test Failed...
Yeah... set that option in gmail... have also tried yahoo (as someone on another post found worked), and outlook. Have tried all the different ssl combos... I'm either missing something or maybe there's a glitch in the cam software. Never had problems with other makes/models. Currently have foscam, reolink and wyze cams... thought I would give these ones a whirl, and if good, swap everything out...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Another long shot is to use IE. Many controls show various degrees of FUBAR with anything other than IE- like settings that won’t stick.

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah... Always use IE anyway, as most of the IP Cams don't seem to like Chrome or FF, despite their assurances. If I can't resolve it will send it back to amazon/empiretech and look at something else.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Actually now most guys use the phone App to get the notifications, for our cams use SMD 3.0 can make the less wrong alarms, some other brands will send you thousands emails per day, will crash your email mox.

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually now most guys use the phone App to get the notifications, for our cams use SMD 3.0 can make the less wrong alarms, some other brands will send you thousands emails per day, will crash your email mox.
From everything I've looked at for a solution, all seem to point to using the cam(s) with nvr.... which doesn't really suit my needs, as I want to use as stand alone cam. I would imagine any phone app would still require an email address to send to, which is the root of the problem... failure to set smtp means no email...

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Both those settings have always been enabled/set. As previously mentioned, have tried with port 465 and 587, tls and ssl etc., but what happens, is when I input my username password, once I move to another field, or click 'test', the password field changes/fills to masking dots. If I leave the password field blank, still fills with dots.... My first post shows this. I reset the cam to factory, started all over, same result, bringing me to the conclusion that maybe there's a bug in the software? Thanks.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
... but what happens, is when I input my username password, once I move to another field, or click 'test', the password field changes/fills to masking dots. If I leave the password field blank, still fills with dots....
This behavior is not a bug. Often times, you're provided two password fields that are both masked. Typing your password twice helps ensure you spelled it correct both times. Because they only provide one password field, your can see it in clear text, to ensure correct spelling, it then is masked for security

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh... makes sense. I'm putting my email address in both the username and sender fields, email password in password field, which I assume is correct (same way as my other cam setups), yet still fails. I can only think I'm missing something.

shoole

n3wb
Reaction score
I was also trying to setup SMTP for the last 3 days without success. I have a Hikvision camera and some other devices and SMTP works without any issue.
I tried to set it up on a IPC-T5442T-ZE but it fails every time. I'm using the correct settings (same like for the Hikvision camera) and tried 465 and 587 in all possible combination but I am convinced this is an issue with the camera, and probably an SSL issue but I am unable to debug this.
Whatever I try when I click "Test" it shows fail (like mentioned earlier, tried TLS, SSL, changing ports....):

smtp.jpg

Tried to restart, reset to defaults and set up again but same issue.
System version V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03

Last edited:

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help... I finally got the email service to work... After I tried leaving the '@gmail.com' off the username (just put in the name), it was happy to work. Interesting... different to what was indicated.
Anyway, now the email service works, but twice, so maybe I've cocked up another setting... I now get two emails together, one with snapshot attachment, one without... anyone know why?
Many thanks.

MikeW334

n3wb
Reaction score
I was also trying to setup SMTP for the last 3 days without success. I have a Hikvision camera and some other devices and SMTP works without any issue.
I tried to set it up on a IPC-T5442T-ZE but it fails every time. I'm using the correct settings (same like for the Hikvision camera) and tried 465 and 587 in all possible combination but I am convinced this is an issue with the camera, and probably an SSL issue but I am unable to debug this.
Whatever I try when I click "Test" it shows fail (like mentioned earlier, tried TLS, SSL, changing ports....):

View attachment 91886

Tried to restart, reset to defaults and set up again but same issue.
System version V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03
You may well already be doing so, but I managed to get it to work by only putting the first part of my username in, leaving off the '@gmail.com' part