IPC-T5442TM-AS does not connect via p2p with smartphone

Remoo

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought IPC-T5442TM-AS from EMPIRETECANDY and it is a very nice product but I can't connect the camera with my android smartphone via p2p. I have another Dahua camera EB5531P and no any problem occurs to establish connection via p2p. I expected the same from IPC-T5442TM-AS but it was wrong. I use gDMSS Plus and also the newest DMSS and of course I clicked p2p in the camer's webpage settings. The app gDMSS and DMSS behave the same and for 100% as app request my smartphone is in the same Wifi network. Even on the phonescreen I see S/N of 2 cameras when I let search devices online, but camera IPC-T5442TM-AS can't establish 2p2 connection. Today I downloaded the newest firmware from here: IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.11.R.191230 and it is still the same.

I have checked the app on another android smartphone - situation the same. Camera IPC-T5442TM-AS is able to connect DMSS or gDMSS Plus apps only in internal wifi network - only p2p connection is impossible.

Problem not solved. Any hints suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try this:
  • Power camera down.
  • Hold down reset button.
  • Power up cam, still pressing reset button for 60 seconds.
  • Remove power to cam.
  • Power cam up again and log into its webGUI to confirm that it's operational.
  • If working attempt your P2P setup again.

Remoo

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR, thank you, I did several times and still no p2p connection. It is really annoying and has decreased my joy of purchase of IPC-T5442TM-AS which its performance especially in the night mode is really very good. I don't do anything wrong because my other Dahua camera EB5531P was p2p connected and dicsconnected many times and I know how to do it and no any problems.

What could be wrong? Why IPC-T5442TM-AS connects with gDMSS and DMSS apps via local wifi network and via 2p2 not? This functionality p2p is crucial for me to have remote access to the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought IPC-T5442TM-AS from EMPIRETECANDY and it is a very nice product but I can't connect the camera with my android smartphone via p2p. I have another Dahua camera EB5531P and no any problem occurs to establish connection via p2p. I expected the same from IPC-T5442TM-AS but it was wrong. I use gDMSS Plus and also the newest DMSS and of course I clicked p2p in the camer's webpage settings. The app gDMSS and DMSS behave the same and for 100% as app request my smartphone is in the same Wifi network. Even on the phonescreen I see S/N of 2 cameras when I let search devices online, but camera IPC-T5442TM-AS can't establish 2p2 connection. Today I downloaded the newest firmware from here: IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.11.R.191230 and it is still the same.
I have checked the app on another android smartphone - situation the same. Camera IPC-T5442TM-AS is able to connect DMSS or gDMSS Plus apps only in internal wifi network - only p2p connection is impossible.

Problem not solved. Any hints suggestions? Thank you in advance!
The fact that p2p is not working is great news. p2p is not secure. Dahua p2p has been hacked. Dont use it on any camera brand. You dont need p2p for remote access.

Remoo

n3wb
Reaction score
The fact that p2p is not working is great news.
Thank you giving another perspective. I have to learn how to configure VPN tunnel on my smartphone and VPN server on my router. The good news is that my router has possibility to set up and configure OpenVPN server. It is not very easy but for sure you get more secure connection

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, I configured OpenVPN client on my android smatphone OpenVPN server on my router and it works. Now I have started to think whether does it make sense to create virtual LAN network especially for my two IP Cams and NAS.
Personally I never bothered with it just so I can easily access the cams web interface from my local network but for additional security yes it would be ideal to place them on a seperate VLAN/network.