Ipcam pro on firetv 100% dropped frames

Salihik

n3wb
Reaction score
tinyCam pro on firetv 100% dropped frames

I've just had my hikvision installed and was hoping I could view the feed on my home tv. I found that cctv apps were available on the Amazon app store and downloaded tinyCam PRO. I used the network scan feature and added my cameras. I then added my login details for the cameras. I can't seem to get the video feed to work. The camera status says frames and data is being received but the dropped frames are at 100%.

Any help would be appreciated?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've just had my hikvision installed and was hoping I could view the feed on my home tv. I found that cctv apps were available on the Amazon app store and downloaded ipcampro. I used the network scan feature and added my cameras. I then added my login details for the cameras. I can't seem to get the video feed to work. The camera status says frames and data is being received but the dropped frames are at 100%.

Any help would be appreciated?
use tinycam pro....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree use Tinycam Pro, and you can load it from your PC withXXXXXXXXXXX or side load with XXXXXXXXXXXfrom your phone.
Tinycam is available on the amazon store. Sideloading it without paying for it is THEFT. Stop promoting theft on this website. I have edited your post to remove instructions for the theft of this product.
The developer @alexvas is a member of this site. Works hard on the product and provides excellent support. If 3.99 is to rich for you, dont use it or use the free version.
https://www.amazon.com/tinyCam-Monitor-PRO-IP-Cam/dp/B004VD3YIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475333075&sr=8-1&keywords=tinycam

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you buy the app from Google store you are legally able to load it on as many of your android devices as you wish as that is apart of the google store offering and the true beauty of android. The apps I mentioned as well are both from the Google app store so you are confused as both apps I am referring too are legally downloaded from the app store. I will respect alexvas as he is very helpful and has a great app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you buy the app from Google store you are legally able to load it on as many of your android devices as you wish as that is apart of the google store offering and the true beauty of android. The apps I mentioned as well are both from the Google app store so you are confused as both apps I am referring too are legally downloaded from the app store. I will respect alexvas as he is very helpful and has a great app.
You can legally install on any device running the google play store nativity. The fire stick does not. The fact that its os is based on andriod is irrelevant to the licensing. Stop making excuses. It is theft.

Salihik

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: tinyCam pro on firetv 100% dropped frames

Sorry guys my bad, it is actually tinycam pro which btw I paid £3/£4 for. I'm all for supporting developers of good apps, plus I can't be doing with ads, so always go for the ad free "pro" versions. Been looking at so many cctv apps just got the name mixed up. Does anyone.have any suggestions as to why I'm seeing 100% dropped frames?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: tinyCam pro on firetv 100% dropped frames

Sorry guys my bad, it is actually tinycam pro which btw I paid £3/£4 for. I'm all for supporting developers of good apps, plus I can't be doing with ads, so always go for the ad free "pro" versions. Been looking at so many cctv apps just got the name mixed up. Does anyone.have any suggestions as to why I'm seeing 100% dropped frames?
You have something set incorrectly... post Your settings

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
In the app select Camera Settings. Check Protocol there.

Salihik

n3wb
Reaction score
In the app select Camera Settings. Check Protocol there.
Thanks, it was set to RTSP over TCP (MPEG/H264/H265). I changed it to Snapshot (JPEG) and it seems to work now. I only get 1fps this way, so the moving objects appear a bit jittery but its acceptable. Is this the correct way to set it up?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, it was set to RTSP over TCP (MPEG/H264/H265). I changed it to Snapshot (JPEG) and it seems to work now. I only get 1fps this way, so the moving objects appear a bit jittery but its acceptable. Is this the correct way to set it up?
RTSP is much better.
Looks like you have specified invalid RTSP port (should be 554 in most cases) in Camera Settings in the app for RTSP protocol.

Salihik

n3wb
Reaction score
RTSP is much better.
Looks like you have specified invalid RTSP port (should be 554 in most cases) in Camera Settings in the app for RTSP protocol.
It was previously on RTSP with port 554 selected and it didn't work, hence me changing it to jpeg. However on changing it back to RTSP it now works. The ports always been 554, this is the default value and the app does not seem to allow it to be changed (its greyed out). Anyway, its working great on all 3 of my firetv boxes. Happy Days!

Thanks for your help!