IPCamera - Foscam - VNT6656G6A40

Swordman

n3wb
Reaction score
Dears,
I have a Foscam VNT6656G6A40 (probabily a FI8919W clone) and as I use IPcamera.exe the socket is showed, after click on IP : port (socket) and write user admin, password: blank,this show me a message: wrong user/password. I did it so many time, but nothing happened. Is there a different password for this user? I'm doing something wrong? Would someone mind help me? I already thanks for everyone.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you should try resetting the camera via its reset button? If you can't find a published reset procedure, you can try the 30-30-30 scheme which will work with darn-near everything. You start with the camera on and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, power off the camera, wait 30 seconds, power back on and wait 30 seconds. All while holding and not releasing the reset button.

But it sounds like with Foscams just holding the button for 10 seconds with the camera on will reset them:
http://foscam.us/forum/new-f18918w-how-to-reset-admin-t231.html

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, since you say "nothing happened" maybe it is a browser compatibility issue. (edit: I misread, you are using a standalone application to connect -- but try a web browser anyway). I don't know about Foscams but a lot of older IP cameras have seriously horrific compatibility issues and will only work with old Internet explorer and nothing else. You can get Internet Exporer to emulate an older version, by using the developer tools menu (press F12 to open it). I recommend trying IE 7 or 8 mode.

Swordman

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, since you say "nothing happened" maybe it is a browser compatibility issue. (edit: I misread, you are using a standalone application to connect -- but try a web browser anyway). I don't know about Foscams but a lot of older IP cameras have seriously horrific compatibility issues and will only work with old Internet explorer and nothing else. You can get Internet Exporer to emulate an older version, by using the developer tools menu (press F12 to open it). I recommend trying IE 7 or 8 mode.
bp2008, Thanks a lot for attention and instructions. I can see clear now the reset place under the camera. I'll do everything now. God bless you so.

Swordman

n3wb
Reaction score
IPCamera - Foscam

bp2008, Thanks a lot for attention and instructions. I can see clear now the reset place under the camera. I'll do everything now. God bless you so.
Dear bp2008,
I did everything which you've said. It's all right, but I had a problem. When I scanned camera, that not showed nothing I runned the request many times but nothing happened, I don't know why. Could you help me. Maybe did I do something wrong? I've screenshotted but I don't know how to put this here. Well, I think you know what I've meant.
I already thanks for all.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't sound good. Maybe the camera is defective. Where did you get it from?

(I've had a lot of similarly priced outdoor PTZs go bad, but I've never bought a Foscam)

I recommend you unplug the camera from power, wait about 10 seconds, and plug it back in and wait at least 5 minutes for it to fully start up and do whatever it needs to do. Then see if it will come up. If you want to upload a screenshot, you can try uploading to http://postimage.org/ as it is really easy and they didn't require you to create an account with them last time I checked. Then you can link to the image from here.