Ipcamera not working on internet

sharkrc

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an panasonic and a esky camera I have had working for years with comcast. Recently changed to centurylink dsl c2000a modem/router. I double checked that the correct ports are forwared, even tested with canyouseeme site, and all show clear and ready. Cameras work fine locally,access is fine. But my cameras wont go online to register to work. I shut off windows firewall to no avail. I am being blocked I am guessing in the new dsl setup. I went as far as to put the ip address outside of DMZ. still to no avail. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks Russ

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@sharkrc Welcome to the forum. This is common in modem router combos.. The issue is related to nat loop back... If you try the ip from an actual remote location it should work.. When you are local you need to use the internal IP... Test this with a cellular phone connected via cellular not local Wifi

Sent via Taptalk

sharkrc

n3wb
Reaction score
@sharkrc Welcome to the forum. This is common in modem router combos.. The issue is related to nat loop back... If you try the ip from an actual remote location it should work.. When you are local you need to use the internal IP... Test this with a cellular phone connected via cellular not local Wifi

Sent via Taptalk
Ok thats kinda dumb. It does sorta work. Instead of working with my camera address it works with the ip address, no big deals unless I lose power and my connection changes. But thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thats kinda dumb. It does sorta work. Instead of working with my camera address it works with the ip address, no big deals unless I lose power and my connection changes. But thanks for the help.
You always have to use your external IP address.. It's impossible to connect from the outside using the cameras internal IP...You need to use a dynamic dns service if your external ip keeps changing...

Sent via Taptalk