IPcamtalk website and older versions of firefox

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by sumguy, Nov 21, 2018.

Share This Page

1. sumguy

sumguy Young grasshopper

I've experienced instances where I give my FF browser the URL for a camtalk thread and I get the circlling thing on the tab, with the word "connecting" and it stays like that until I close the tab. Or I'm at the top level of a sub-group and can see all the threads, I click on one and again I get the circling "connecting" and it just hangs there. This is FF version 39.0. I'm typing this on Seamonkey 2.49.4 (equivalent to I think FF 52) and I don't have these issues with Seamonkey. I do run noscript on FF but have enabled everything associated with ipcamtalk. So I'm wondering if there is a known minimum version of FF that works properly with this website - I could have sworn my FF 39 was working fine not too long ago...

2. Mike

Mike Staff Member

I've never heard of this issue. Did it just start happening?

3. sumguy

sumguy Young grasshopper

It seems to be that it is happening for threads that *I* started, and perhaps only when I'm logged into the site. I can select any other thread and read it, but my own threads I get the spinning circle and infinite "connecting" message. There might be a clouldflare script that is partially blocked during this.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  4. Mr_D

Mr_D Getting comfortable

Why on Earth are you running a 3+ year old browser on the Internet? Yes, it can be NoScript. I gave up on it years ago because you get endless chains of scripts calling scripts from dozens of domains. Just run uBlock Origin on a non-EOL browser.

tangent and fenderman like this.
  5. tangent

tangent IPCT Contributor

Browsing with an out of date browser isn't a very smart thing to do.

just to be clear is this the same circling thing you get when any webpage is loading?

I wonder if your browser only supports outdated insecure encryption protocols and ipct refuses to connect using those protocols.