IPS HD PTZ dome camera & Blue Iris

gmhansen

n3wb
Reaction score
has anyone setup an IPS brand HD dome PTZ camera model IPS-KI-ZD on blue iris? BI doesn't have a direct match and although I an get the camera kinda working, i'd like to have the correct settings so the whole camera works. Any help will be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone setup an IPS brand HD dome PTZ camera model IPS-KI-ZD on blue iris? BI doesn't have a direct match and although I an get the camera kinda working, i'd like to have the correct settings so the whole camera works. Any help will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum..ips is listed in the dropdown..what is not working?

gmhansen

n3wb
Reaction score
when I install a camera and choose the ips from the dropdown, the only option that returns a working screen is the IPS H.... selection. even working on this setting, I have no presets that I can set and none that work. All other IPS selections result in no signal or error messages.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when I install a camera and choose the ips from the dropdown, the only option that returns a working screen is the IPS H.... selection. even working on this setting, I have no presets that I can set and none that work. All other IPS selections result in no signal or error messages.
presets are set in the camera...see the ptz section of the blue iris help file.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what he meant by "I have no presets that I can set and none that work" but it seems just like it sounds. He's tried all of his available brand selections and only one displays video and that one doesn't support the IPS PTZ functions. You can definitely call AND change presets from within Blue Iris. Call 'em by clicking the preset button quickly and change them by pushing and holding a preset button.

If both calling and setting presets doesn't work for the cam from within BI then there's a problem, but it's possibly with one of the other IPS selections that isn't showing video but might be the PTZ option. Maybe the one that he's using to show video just isn't supposed to be used with a PTZ IPS cam, or possibly BI supports NO PTZ functions with IPS at all.

sanger

n3wb
Reaction score
Can a surveillance camera (IPS-KI-ZD) be repaired if it was supplied incorrectly? At first it worked, but after I somehow touched the wires between them, he doesn't want to start anymore