IR button hijacked my cameras

jamangus

n3wb
Reaction score
:)

So, I happened across the "light bulb" icon that turns the IR on/off. Clicked it, and surprisingly it works with all my Hikvision cameras.

But, now the IR no longer goes on/off automatically with the night/day settings in the cameras. I need to hit the BI "light bulb" icon in the morning and at night to switch the IR on/off.

How do I reset this to give control back to the cameras?

Thanks.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So, I happened across the "light bulb" icon that turns the IR on/off. Clicked it, and surprisingly it works with all my Hikvision cameras.

But, now the IR no longer goes on/off automatically with the night/day settings in the cameras. I need to hit the BI "light bulb" icon in the morning and at night to switch the IR on/off.

Thanks.

Restore to factory settings might work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks.
In your camera settings make sure its set to automatically change between day and night...
also see the image in post 4 here and make sure enable IR light is checked
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1876-Possible-to-Disable-Built-In-IR-on-Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-3MP&highlight=disable

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is kind of old at this point, but I happened to do this same thing, only from the iPhone app. Turns out that if you hold over the light bulb on the phone app that you get the light bulb with an "A" over top of it. I assume that this means Auto or something, but at any rate, my camera is back in control of the IR light based on the ambient light sensor. I have not figured out how to do the same from the server side however.

alkizmo

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is kind of old at this point, but I happened to do this same thing, only from the iPhone app. Turns out that if you hold over the light bulb on the phone app that you get the light bulb with an "A" over top of it. I assume that this means Auto or something, but at any rate, my camera is back in control of the IR light based on the ambient light sensor. I have not figured out how to do the same from the server side however.
It's funny this thread gets bumped, I found out this "issue" a few days ago.

If I press the bulb, it will switch the night/day mode on/off. The IR lights will only turn on if they are set to turn on in night mode. So the button won't turn on the IR if you set your night mode to NOT turn on the IR. It kind of goes against the point of that button in the first place. Why would I want to switch the IR on and off if it only works by switching between night and day mode? My IR light is set to remain off at night because of spiders but if I wanted to bright up the place because I saw something moving and I want more details, it won't work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny this thread gets bumped, I found out this "issue" a few days ago.

If I press the bulb, it will switch the night/day mode on/off. The IR lights will only turn on if they are set to turn on in night mode. So the button won't turn on the IR if you set your night mode to NOT turn on the IR. It kind of goes against the point of that button in the first place. Why would I want to switch the IR on and off if it only works by switching between night and day mode? My IR light is set to remain off at night because of spiders but if I wanted to bright up the place because I saw something moving and I want more details, it won't work.
What your asking for is a different function than the OP...the OP's issue was that if the camera is set to auto for day/night and then you use the ir button, it will only switch between day night but not auto. Your issue is that "enable IR light" is unchekced and you want to simply enable/disable that option....which will require a completely different button and function.
For both these problems you will have to email support..the OP's issue is easier to resolve...not sure he will be able to address this latter problem easily...

jamangus

n3wb
Reaction score
This ended up locking my cameras. I had to hard-reset.

I guess I was surprised the BI button even worked to switch the IR lite. From the camera admin screens, if I make a change to the IR settings, I am asked to reboot to set the change. Maybe this is the BI problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This ended up locking my cameras. I had to hard-reset.

I guess I was surprised the BI button even worked to switch the IR lite. From the camera admin screens, if I make a change to the IR settings, I am asked to reboot to set the change. Maybe this is the BI problem?
I don't think so. when you use the IR light button, I believe it switches between day and night mode it doesnot toggle the IR enable check box.

Sent via Taptalk