IR Illuminator for small business indoor

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need to buy an IR Illuminator for a 20 x 12 indoor area ( shown in the picture ). I'm not really sure what to buy. Most of what I have looked at seems to create somewhat of a spotlight effect. I was thinking about going with a single Aweek® 96 Leds IR Illuminators Amazon.com : Aweek® 96 Leds IR Illuminators Light IR Infrared Light LED infrared light CCTV Camera Night-vision Fill Light for CCTV Security Camera, Standard 45° Level Angle Visual Range : Camera & Photo and placing it in one of the 3 circled spots shown in the picture. Or if I should go with 3 smaller 49 IR LED units and place one in each of the 3 circled spots?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Take care to not use overpowered light according to the distance and room space, if camera is behind the guy on screenshot I would recommend to use only 1 or 2 IR light sources (test with one first buy a second one if not enought) and place it left corner from guy's position to produce a more shadow/contrast on stoler's face when he comes in front of the cash drawer (you can also do a quick test for that).

Also the model you selected do not show if it is 850 (LED show some red halo but better IR) or 940nm (no more red halo but a bit less IR) but this is low cost product that may not last long.

Last edited:

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, Dodutils. Do you think I would be better off starting out with the one 96LED or the one 48LED ?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
go for 96 and if too much you can hide/mask a few ;-)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For indoors you are likely better off simply leaving a light on...run a 10w led bulb you will get full color images with no ir washout.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mebe you can put normal lights on a dimmer and run them at low light at night, saves a bit of power use and no coverage issues.