IR next to a wall

rmanTX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have 2 cams that, at night, the IR focuses elsewhere.

1 cam is at an extreme angle such that the wall of my house lights up at night, and the actual walkway ends up being dark.

The other cam, because I rotated it 180*, has the rain gutter obstructing it's view (which is fine by me), but at night, all I see is rain gutter. I don't want to move it because it's of the holes in my soffit.

Are there any adjustments I can make to the IR?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a situation similar to the first picture and I enabled BLC under backlight which bumps the exposure, allowing you to see the rest of the scene.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You may improve on this by repointing the cameras to have less wall in their views, and therefore less IR will hit and scatter off the walls.

You can also drastically improve performance by disabling the cameras' built-in IR LEDs. Use IR illuminators instead, which you can position wherever you want. This would let you keep the gutter and the walls "in the dark". In fact if you go this route you might as well use visible light and therefore gain color vision, as long as you and your neighbors won't have a problem with lights being on all night. Visible light spotlights are even cheaper than IR illuminators. My neighbor needed some lighting outside her house and I installed a few of these for her. http://amzn.com/B00RCSAQWK No reason they shouldn't work great for cameras too.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.