Is BI GPU enabled?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is BI able to make use of a GPU? If not, when are they planning on it?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was watching a video on their website. Maybe I misunderstood about the GPU part. I'm not sure. I'll go look at it again.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, here is some info I just copied off of their site. Now, fenderman, I am not intending to show you up or anything like that like someone said about something else I posted, I'm just showing you what I found. Here is the info I found and I may be totally wrong on this so correct me please. Remember, us newbies need to learn. Sometimes tough love is good. :)
Reduced total cost of ownership: Moving the decoding process from the software to the GPU greatly reduces the load on the CPU and reduces the cost of the hardware used for the Smart Client. That is what I found.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, here is some info I just copied off of their site. Now, fenderman, I am not intending to show you up or anything like that like someone said about something else I posted, I'm just showing you what I found. Here is the info I found and I may be totally wrong on this so correct me please. Remember, us newbies need to learn. Sometimes tough love is good. :)
Reduced total cost of ownership: Moving the decoding process from the software to the GPU greatly reduces the load on the CPU and reduces the cost of the hardware used for the Smart Client. That is what I found.
Yes the Intel HD with quicksync GPU....read their literature.... there are other VMS that use Nvidia but it makes zero sense for 99.9999 percent of systems... Intel HD is preferred...

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been. With all the damn reading I've been doing I'm getting tired and I may miss things. My eyes have not left the damn screen for 2 solid days. Without people like you to help out I would continue to miss these types of things. Thanks for always helping.

Sireone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been. With all the damn reading I've been doing I'm getting tired and I may miss things. My eyes have not left the damn screen for 2 solid days. Without people like you to help out I would continue to miss these types of things. Thanks for always helping.
Here's what you were refering to. BTW, Ken is actively researching nVidia GPU which will provide a great option for many of us.

20170403-NVIDIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what you were refering to. BTW, Ken is actively researching nVidia GPU which will provide a great option for many of us.

20170403-NVIDIA
That release simply states that milestone is working on it...they dont have it implemented. The onlyl HA that milestone has working is intel HD...Please dont imply that nvidia gpu acceleration will come any time soon with blue iris...you will have folks making poor buying decisions..even if he implements it intel hd will be the better choice unless you have a significant amount of high resolution cameras.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not planning on implementing it. I just said thanks for making me realize I wasn't losing my mind and I had read something about it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not planning on implementing it. I just said thanks for making me realize I wasn't losing my mind and I had read something about it.
see again, its not available yet...they are working on it..the milestone guides only mention intel HD.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that. Your point is????
That you should not harp on nvidia GPU enabling as its not even available in most VMS and for good reason. and that you likely never read that press release before or you would have noticed that it has not been implemented...you read that intel hd is supported.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not harping. When it all started and I was doing reading and research I read about this damn stuff because not everyone is born with this knowledge like you were. Many of my programs I have use GPU and was just wondering about it. So without the knowledge I asked a question trying to learn a little bit more about it and get blasted by you for even thinking such a thing. Then someone comes on and gives me a little literature and I thank them for it and giving me some info on it. I wasn't planning on using the GPU because it isn't practical for me as you stated. Then you come back on and blast me again. I'm just trying to learn so I can have at least 1% of your knowledge of this stuff. I know you are the expert on here and I appreciate all of your help. I don't really give a shit about the GPU anymore now that I got my questions answered earlier by you. So if anyone else comes on here and has some info for me I'll just ignore it so I don't get ridiculed for it anymore.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not harping. When it all started and I was doing reading and research I read about this damn stuff because not everyone is born with this knowledge like you were. Many of my programs I have use GPU and was just wondering about it. So without the knowledge I asked a question trying to learn a little bit more about it and get blasted by you for even thinking such a thing. Then someone comes on and gives me a little literature and I thank them for it and giving me some info on it. I wasn't planning on using the GPU because it isn't practical for me as you stated. Then you come back on and blast me again. I'm just trying to learn so I can have at least 1% of your knowledge of this stuff. I know you are the expert on here and I appreciate all of your help. I don't really give a shit about the GPU anymore now that I got my questions answered earlier by you. So if anyone else comes on here and has some info for me I'll just ignore it so I don't get ridiculed for it anymore.
You cant seem to read. Please point me to the post where I "blasted" you?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The article title is somewhat misleading... it says "Milestone Delivers Highest Performance in Video Management Software Using NVIDIA GPUs". The term "delivers" implies there is an available product. It is only when you read through the article itself do you find out it isn't a real product you can buy today.

HULKEN

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running intel HD hardware acceleration an a nvidia 1050ti at the same time. I have one monitor on the on board video and the other on the nvidia. I can see a noticeable drop in CPU% with BI GUI open when move the program from the monitor on the onboard to the nvidia monitor.